Should I get this LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red Top Engine

Reaction score
Like mentioned above, a reliable and experienced mechanic is a must. There are quite a few components that can go wrong during assembly- such as setting the VVT phasers correctly, incorrectly setting tensioners and more. $2k is a very fair price. If a dealer will do for 3500, have them do it.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually not TRS, the dealer’s mechanist cuz the dealer said about $2k for that...

The seller's mechanic? I would agree to a deal where you will buy it after all fixes have been completed. There is no way I would put money down before...

Danny Dinh

Reaction score
Warning the extended warranties will not cover anything they deem as pre existing issues. Most of the expensive repairs they will have a third party inspector review and most likely not cover. Used LR4's cost a lot more than the up front dealer price + warranty.

VernB_LR4

Reaction score
I would consider this LR4 if the dealer will back the work (not with Lubrico warranty). I had Lubrico on my LR3 and the list of things they don't cover or they try to get out of covering is long and they tell you what shop you can use. The shop they told me to use said they don't work on Land Rovers except from Lubrico which tells me they don't know what they are doing and the service is not likely to be up to standards. My LR3 was stolen before the Lubrico warranty expired and they would not transfer it or pro-rate refund the cost. Lubrico is a flat out a waste of money, save what you would have spent on it for fixing anything that may fail is a far better plan... By the way, I got my LR3 replacement LR4 form Calgary Land Rover who 100% backed what they sold when the O2 sensors went bad 2 days after I picked it up and used TRS before I moved to BC they are both are the best service wise!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slack