Sideband CB Radio Antenna Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jak167

Reaction score
Recently purchased '05 LR3. I would like to install my sideband CB radio, but do not know where to turn for antenna mounts. I don't want to jerry-rigged something. The radio uses standard cb radio cabling and fiberglass or whip antennas. I can get all of these parts, but can't seem to find a mount. Any suggestions?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used one of these Diamond mounts that fits over the edge of the glass. You can get them for CB or for HAM antenna styles.

LR3-ham-install-04-800.gif

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nathan, very interesting concept... do you recall which model that is? Looks like it can be quickly removed for an auto car wash? I like that it mounts the antenna up higher for better reception and eliminates the antenna from wacking my truck when going thru the trees.
-Charles

jak167

Reaction score
Thanks guys, both are good ideas.

Nwoods, does your mount move with the liftgate? or stay stationary?

RE the taillight mount, does anyone have the specs on it to make one (ie: inches, angle, etc).

Thanks again

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, both are good ideas.

Nwoods, does your mount move with the liftgate? or stay stationary?

RE the taillight mount, does anyone have the specs on it to make one (ie: inches, angle, etc).

Thanks again

Yes, it moves with the tailgate.
I did the under tailight thing also with my initial CB mount, but it sucked. Antenna was way too loose, and 75% sheilded by the car so reception was aweful. Not reccommended.

bIMG_7373.gif

bIMG_7370.gif

bIMG_7368_2.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9