Signing off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NeilP

Reaction score
My new Defender 110 is finally here... OK, not quite in my garage, but it arrived at my local dealer today and is awaiting my pickup... if I weren't away for the long weekend, it WOULD be in my garage tonight. It took 7 months of waiting since I placed my order, only slightly less than a full term pregnancy, what's another few days? Pandemics suck.

I am selling my high mileage, hot red LR4 with all the trimmings, if anyone is interested please PM me and we can talk about it. I live in SoCal, Pasadena area. I may post something in the for sale section - gotta get her washed first - but regardless, without a doubt the LR4 is the best car I have ever owned, with my first Land Rover, a 2006 RRS, ranking a close second. Hopefully the new Defender will replace both at the top of "my" chart over time, and I know my LR4 will bring some more joy to another owner who will appreciate its unique combination of on and off-road capabilities, luxury and utility, comfort and handling, power and finesse, office on wheels and weekend party animal. What a car, I feel sorry for those who don't know any better and think new Land Rovers are just overpriced Euro SUVs.

Bit disappointed that, in its infinite wisdom, management here has apparently decided not to create a sub-forum dedicated to the new Defender, because I like it here and would have stayed otherwise. Oh well, Defender2.net seems to have a pretty lively community for the 2020 Defender, even though they are UK based.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I will forever be grateful to the many, many forum members here who have contributed constructively and taught me so many things I could do to/with my beloved LR4 in the process, it's made me appreciate this car much more, and spend WAY more money than I thought I would... Thanks, I guess? :) This is a treasure trove of a forum, we are lucky to have it.

Cheers!

Umberto

Best wishes to you and have a safe and fun time with your new vehicle .
I put my 2020 Defender 400P money into stocks ( together with my mother's bequest to me ) back in late March , for income and CG , so the New Defender is off the radar for me .
I had to make a call , and finance came first . The 2007 LR3V8HSE will have to continue ( with new tyres and brakes next week ) until 2022 . Cheers !

TripleE

Reaction score
Umbertob!

Saw this pop up in my email, congratulations! When I read the first line I thought you imported an older Defender. I just had a ‘94 110 imported, cleared customs, has been picked up by my agent and planning to pick her up Sunday! Hope to see you at a rally in the near future! (You know, since it’s been 13+ years and we’ve yet to connect!)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut