Signing off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best of luck with the new Defender!

And thanks for daring to drive your LR4. In addition to your contributions, the fact that your LR4 has been largely trouble-free after so many miles speaks to the potential of these vehicles with proper care. Your LR4 has been a great case study.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
@umbertob It's been a pleasure, you've helped me and others through the joys of ownership. The v8 LR4 is amazing and I could only imagine what a Defender can do.

Happy trails!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, congrats on the new ride. Excited to see what you think of it. I still remember our posts from way back when we first bought LR4's. I remember the accidental Range Rover badge that you had.

Good times. Thanks for all the great convos over the years.

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day umbertob. Well done on taking the plunge. You said "high mileage" on your D4, but exactly how many miles on the odo? Any suspension, cooling, body, trans issues that plagued your ownership? We didn't get the V8 here - most here are turbo diesels.
You've said exactly what I've been saying since I bought my D4 TDV6 in late-2014 - The best BEST vehicle
allround ever built!! I've also said I intend keeping mine as long as I can drive - I'm now in my early 70's.
IF I'm still driving & IF my D4 finally wears out I'd certainly look closely at Defender 2. On paper it ticks all the boxes but I haven't seen one in the flesh yet - just released in Australia this week. Saturation TV
adverts running now. It seems a pity that it's not a bit bigger in cargo area - nit picking from me!
I'd love to hear what you think in a few weeks time & especially what aftermarket gear you want & what is available for the vehicle. Thanks for all your input over the years - enjoy your new beast!!

ElChuco

Reaction score
Damn, I haven't had a chance to get Umberto's answer to my oil change question yet!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words, it was a pleasure "meeting" you all. I picked up my new Defender 110 (P400 petrol engine) last Friday, thought I would depart with a few photos of it, starting literally from the moment I first touched it at the dealer. I am quite in love with it so far - all of the 70 miles I've driven it. No faults yet, fingers crossed! :) Unfortunately, most pictures taken outside look orange - everything looks orange right now courtesy of the thick smoke covering most of California for almost a week... Trust me though, the car is Indus Silver (with a factory installed satin wrap.) Had to take interior shots inside the garage so they would not all have that creepy orange hue. Been literally snowing ashes for days and air quality is terrible, but then again, this is a terrible year.

https://umbertob.smugmug.com/Cars/My-new-2020-Defender/

My LR4 sold last week as well. A bit sad about it - the Defender is different / better in many ways, but I'll probably never have a car like the LR4 ever again. They just don't make them anymore - not Land Rover or anyone else. If I had the room in my garage, I would have totally kept it.

See you on the trail!

Umberto

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words, it was a pleasure "meeting" you all. ...

Thanks for all the tips and shared knowledge over the years. You've always been incredibly generous with your assistance.

Congrats on the new vehicle. I'm sure this forum will open up a new board. Seems odd they haven't already done so...
That is a beautiful new ride you have there! Thank you for sharing all the photos.

Last edited:

binch

Reaction score
Have you investigated the winch option for the new Defender? Best have a seat first....

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words, it was a pleasure "meeting" you all.

Thanks for your valuable perspective and input on these pages! And congrats on your new truck. That satin wrap ($$'s) on Indus Silver sure looks great!
It doesn't appear that you went for many of the factory accessory add-ons...It will be interesting to see what you might do/add.

Post some pic's when you 'get'er dirty'. Good luck and have fun!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut