Signing off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new Defender 110 is finally here... OK, not quite in my garage, but it arrived at my local dealer today and is awaiting my pickup... if I weren't away for the long weekend, it WOULD be in my garage tonight. It took 7 months of waiting since I placed my order, only slightly less than a full term pregnancy, what's another few days? Pandemics suck.

I am selling my high mileage, hot red LR4 with all the trimmings, if anyone is interested please PM me and we can talk about it. I live in SoCal, Pasadena area. I may post something in the for sale section - gotta get her washed first - but regardless, without a doubt the LR4 is the best car I have ever owned, with my first Land Rover, a 2006 RRS, ranking a close second. Hopefully the new Defender will replace both at the top of "my" chart over time, and I know my LR4 will bring some more joy to another owner who will appreciate its unique combination of on and off-road capabilities, luxury and utility, comfort and handling, power and finesse, office on wheels and weekend party animal. What a car, I feel sorry for those who don't know any better and think new Land Rovers are just overpriced Euro SUVs.

Bit disappointed that, in its infinite wisdom, management here has apparently decided not to create a sub-forum dedicated to the new Defender, because I like it here and would have stayed otherwise. Oh well, Defender2.net seems to have a pretty lively community for the 2020 Defender, even though they are UK based.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I will forever be grateful to the many, many forum members here who have contributed constructively and taught me so many things I could do to/with my beloved LR4 in the process, it's made me appreciate this car much more, and spend WAY more money than I thought I would... Thanks, I guess? :) This is a treasure trove of a forum, we are lucky to have it.

Cheers!

Umberto

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umberto, glad to hear your Defender has finally arrived. Thank you so much for all of your LR4 posts over the years. You have always provided excellent advice, insight and helpful information. Your DIY oil change video was fantastic and deserves some sort of award.

This forum has a dedicated 2020 Defender section: https://landroverforums.com/forum/

Please post your Defender oil change video there. :)

Good luck with your new ride, I'll catch up with you next year once I order my new Defender.

Take care!

Last edited:

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new Defender 110 is finally here... OK, not quite in my garage, but it arrived at my local dealer today and is awaiting my pickup... if I weren't away for the long weekend, it WOULD be in my garage tonight. It took 7 months of waiting since I placed my order, only slightly less than a full term pregnancy, what's another few days? Pandemics suck.

I am selling my high mileage, hot red LR4 with all the trimmings, if anyone is interested please PM me and we can talk about it. I live in SoCal, Pasadena area. I may post something in the for sale section - gotta get her washed first - but regardless, without a doubt the LR4 is the best car I have ever owned, with my first Land Rover, a 2006 RRS, ranking a close second. Hopefully the new Defender will replace both at the top of "my" chart over time, and I know my LR4 will bring some more joy to another owner who will appreciate its unique combination of on and off-road capabilities, luxury and utility, comfort and handling, power and finesse, office on wheels and weekend party animal. What a car, I feel sorry for those who don't know any better and think new Land Rovers are just overpriced Euro SUVs.

Bit disappointed that, in its infinite wisdom, management here has apparently decided not to create a sub-forum dedicated to the new Defender, because I like it here and would have stayed otherwise. Oh well, Defender2.net seems to have a pretty lively community for the 2020 Defender, even though they are UK based.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I will forever be grateful to the many, many forum members here who have contributed constructively and taught me so many things I could do to/with my beloved LR4 in the process, it's made me appreciate this car much more, and spend WAY more money than I thought I would... Thanks, I guess? :) This is a treasure trove of a forum, we are lucky to have it.

Cheers!

Umberto
Umberto! I'm so excited for you and so sad for us. I have appreciated your posts (no matter where they were - here, ExPo, where-ever.) Your generosity of knowledge has been a model for us all. I wish you and your new vehicle many twisty roads, muddy hills, and rushing creeks and am seriously super bummed that we can't just pop over to the other forum. I just set up an account at defender2.net but sadly it looks like the forum software they use does not work with Tapatalk which I know a lot of us use.

Have fun with the new truck Umberto!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mpinco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since the new Defender is really an LR5 and there is reuse of technology across the product line and the same limitations will be encountered it's never really "signing off". I suspect many of the new Defender questions and observations will have already been discussed from a LR4 perspective.

Enjoy the new vehicle and continue to ask "Land Rover" questions.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car and thank you for all your contributions. Please do share your thoughts on the new 110 as you get used to it and how it compares to the lr4. Always curious.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding my thanks for sharing your encyclopedic knowledge of the LR4 and other Land Rover platforms, Umberto. Enjoy your new Defender and here's to many safe and enjoyable miles and adventures ahead. Till we meet again...

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew that this sad day would have to come.
Thank you so much for all your contribution to this forum.
Your transition to a new defender and saying "goodbye" to your LR4 just brought lots of memories ex.
- we were early adopters of tactical rovers underbody protection (I believe that Eric was using your red LR4 for measurements , but I may be wrong)
- lots of discussions regarding best off road tires for LR4 ( I think it was Finlayforprez and myslef at the very beginning )
- we were first few in the USA with Compo wheels
Good luck with your new Defender. Let us know where we can find your Defender post.
You will be missed on this forum.

chakadog

Reaction score
Umberto - You don't know this but your posts gave me the confidence to take the plunge upward away from our rusty old 2000 DII (no sunroof!) to the 2014 LR4 we're just a little bit too proud of. Thanks and best of luck with your new ride.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72