Sirius not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodchuck

Reaction score
Hello all...I'm new to the forum. I am actually a Jeep owner and frequent those forums but the wife has a 2010 LR4. I love both the Jeep and the LR4 but they are completely different vehicles for completely different purposes. Anyways, on to my question.

Does anyone know how to get the Sirius working once the subscription expires? I purchases the vehicle the end of May 2010 and for some reason Sirius canceled the subscription a few weeks early before I had a chance to renew it. I then renewed it and have spent over a week dealing with Sirius trying to get it working again. They say I need to take it to the dealer because there is a problem with the radio but I was hoping some of you knew a trick or two to get it fixed without having to take it in. The wife is headed out of town on Monday in the LR4 and I can't get it in before she leaves and she would love to have her Sirius back for the trip.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated and go gentle on me about the Jeep:eek:

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you just call in with the ESN Number. Directions below:

Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, LR4 2010MY

On the touch-screen select Settings. Then select SAT options and then select SAT info. The Radio ID will display along with the Call Center phone number.

You can also activate it online.

Hope this helps,

Marty

Woodchuck

Reaction score
Thanks...actually done all that. I have had sirius or xm for years. They keep sending a refresh signal but it still is not working and just keeps saying aquiring signal. They (Sirius) have had me try all kinds of things...even getting out of the vehicle and removing the key and then locking the doors and waiting a bit before getting back in and powering everything up. I think I might go and disconnect the battery for a bit and maybe that will reset something.

When I called the dealership to try to get it in today they saidthat several LR's and Mercedes have had issues ever since they changed the channel lineup last month. I am just amazed how something so simple can turn into something so complicated.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. My last experience with Sirius customer support was an absolute horror show.

Marty

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is indeed a TSB about it, the issue was escalated by Sirius XM during their silly little channel switcheroo in early May, and the SDARS modules will need a software update. TSB # LTB000387. If you are a member of rangerovers.net, I posted the actual pdf of the bulletin here (since it affects MY09-11 LR3/4 and 2009-11 RRS): http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46182

dogfood1

Reaction score
I think that TSB is exactly the problem. Just read it, thanks. Too bad it's no longer a warranty item.

Hopefully future travelers with the same problem will find this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72