sirius with minimum wire exposure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

r0b587

How should I install my sirius starmate so that I have the least amount of wire exposure possible? I cant seem to think of a way to get the wire that runs from the starmate to the aux plug without completley looking bad. I also would prefer my sirius unit to go where the navi cubby hole is since I dont have a navi. so any way you can give me to make the wires like go behind the unit in that cubby would be great. thanks

R

r0b587

like how did this guy do this without having any wires show? its basically exactly what I want to do.

Attachments

• DSCN1656.JPG.jpg
    DSCN1656.JPG.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 123

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, obviously that would require some drilling -- I'm pretty sure there are no holes in the non-Navigation "shelf." If you used an FM modulator for audio, all you'd need to do is drill and find a power source to tap into. (The fuse box is behind the glove box.)

If you wanted to use real "AUX", you could bypass the AUX wiring on the back of the stereo unit. You'd need to add a switch if you still want the rear AUX (or OEM DVD, if equipped) to function. (Also, you may have volume issues... see other threads on this. You might need to add a line driver/amp.)

N

neytas2000

Where do you place the External Antenna? Front roof? Middle? Back? What is the path of the wire from the outside?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99