sitting on the bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
The old girl sits on the bump stops in cold weather but airs up fine when started.01 d2,116k.Also looking to trade it for an LR3.Is this a good move or just a move to a different set of PITA problems?Thanks for any help.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
if on bump stops in the cold I would check the air bags.... but this could also just be an issue with the real cold we are having... Air bags are not hard to change if they are the issue...

LR3 that would be your call, read the LR3 section and you will see some of the same issues sadly. But then again a better ride more powerful engine.... but more electrics.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If dropping on both side in the cold weather, it will be electrical. How cold and does it drop evenly on both sides.
What do you use it for and what will you use the LR3 for?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I recently changed both air bags on a D2 that was riding on both bump stops due to air bag failure. Swapped them both out in about an hour and issues resolved...

samysmith24

Reaction score
Even i have changed my air bags because its better that we change them specially in cool weather its really better else it gives trouble later on

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sturdy as it gets

sitting on the bump stops

The old girl sits on the bump stops in cold weather but airs up fine when started.01 d2,116k.Also looking to trade it for an LR3.Is this a good move or just a move to a different set of PITA problems?Thanks for any help.

Hi D.A.R.Y.L.:

I agree with what Joey said about the electronics, as well as other issues. I think you will find that your D-2 is as sturdy as it gets…………..Except for the old timers…………….lol

Best wishes Chongo……………………………….
:bandit:

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
disco mike

It appears to be a cold weather issue.It does drop evenly on both sides once it gets below 20*f.It seems to be fine if I park it in the garage.The D2 is used as an everyday driver and the LR3 will be used for the same.It belongs to my daughter and she has wanted a D2 ever since she figured out what they were.She likes the looks of the D2 but I keep telling her that it's becoming real costly to look good to other people. Thanks for asking.:cool:

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks to all that replied to my post.It does seem to be more weather related than an issue to be resolved.Since it's my daughters Rover I might be able to talk her into getting rid of it or moving to a warmer climate so I don't have to here about the next problem of the week.LOL

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
d.a.r.y.l if she decides to change out the airbags... let me know I can help you on this it isn't that hard.

bird

Reaction score
i've found them a little cheaper, air shocks

a while back i had some trouble with the airshocks, and replacing them every 2-4 years in the northeast can get costly. they say these things can drive from the north poll to the south, but the damn cold can blow the shocks!
i found a cheaper and reliable solution for air bags from Arrnott industries,
they do all air suspension after market bags for 1/2 the price your shop (independent or not) will charge AND the have a lifetime warranty
http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_LAND_ROVER_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid4_pid48.html

one of mine just recently went, and Arnott sent me a new one with a return box and shipping label.
might want to check them out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick