Smart key not recognized

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joi Rhone

Reaction score
TOTALLY frustrated! Bought RR Evoque and for the most part really love it! All of a sudden, when starting the car get message that the smart key is not in the car and have to put the fob under the steering wheel to start the car. Replace batteries in both fob - nothing. Took into the dealer and they could not find the problem and had to open a technical ticket (whatever that means). Eventually (after 4 days) that it is the KVM module and order it and replace it. Drive the car home, go to grocery store and remote lock doesn't work! I will be back at the dealer Monday morning, but any ideas?

Holly F

Reaction score
That happened to my car too. The dealer had no idea why and charged me $900 to fix it. I’ve signed onto this site to figure this out. I’m curious if you had changed any settings on the dash board involving the lock settings before this happened because that’s what happened to 2 other people with this same situation.