Smog / O2 sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’m having problems passing smog in California due to oxygen sensors incomplete or not ready. I replaced the 2 downstream already and will replace the 2 upstream next. I also replaced starter, alternator, battery, fuel pump and filter, water pump and a lot of coolant hoses. I’m not sure if the 2 upstream will fix the problem, but hope so. Also I hear a hissing sound which sounds like it’s coming from near the EGR passenger side. I also replaced the PCV valve and tried spraying starter fluid to find a leak but no luck so far. Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Update ***
Replaced the 2 upstream oxygen sensors but still shows O2 sensors monitors not ready. All other emissions are ready. Could it still be egr valve if it shows ready egr system ready? I also replaced the spark plugs and now all O2 sensors are new. I was driving and got codes P 0133 and P0153 which i looked up and could mean vacuum leak or fuel pressure problems. I still hear the hissing noise and think it’s a vacuum leak. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM