So, what on your project list?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what project list you got for your trucks, folkz. I know mine, and its slowly chugging along, but there is always weird pregnant pauses when I dont really feel like doing much of hard work, but still would like to fill time with some project to just keep meself occupied :)

So here is my current project/wish list as of now (in no particular order):

- redesign rear cargo area using hi-lift slide locks to secure cargo a bit better (those things awesome)
- lay out proper rear power outlet (yep, still havent got around to do that)
- sort out speedometer offsets (doesnt seem to be constant or percentage with my 4.75 and 31.7 tires, so i guess VSS lines rotted or VSS itself snuffing it)
- get ARB out, clean and reset, as it started loosing air when engaged and truck moving
- do something about oscilating low rumble sound that is starting somewhere around 30m/h and then goes away around 40..
- do something about damn clunk , like replace t-case...
- consider moving down to 4.11 gearing :)
- get CVs and half-shafts/axles upgraded.
- finally get freak'n bumper and rack from NWP and install them
- install front lights onto bumper
- replace engine oil (still have to do it often, as it keep wash out crap from PO's lovely maintenance even after year and after motor flush. Doing it every 1-1.5K)

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's mine:

- Replace muffler (straight exhaust is REALLY annoying)
- Replace front bumper with custom-fabbed edition (still working on design)
- Install rear shock mount brackets
- Install 3" front springs
- Install front diff guard
- Fix the damned slow leak in the left rear wheel
- Finish wiring (the right way) my fogs and driving lights
- Tranny fluid flush
- Diff fluid change
- Oil change
- Replace rear wiper
- Remove factory roof rails

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Andy - which exhaust you using? I have some squibbly direct O/E replacement under there, but i really like to replace mine at some point (every HP gained at this altitude of 7K helps).

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh boy, it gives me happy thoughts for my summer list:

Re Seal Oil Pan
New Hoses for PS
Flush Coolant
3" Rovertym Lift Kit
265/75R16 BFG MT
Custom Sliders
Custom Bumpers
New CD Player

That should keep me busy this summer on top of work, fly fishing and some summer boarding :D

Justin

J

John_A

O.K. - I'll play (I've got to get my post count up :biggrin: )

First off I'm brand new to Land Rover. This truck is replacing a '96 Landcruiser w/2"OME lift and 33"MTR's and factory lockers front/rear.

I'm starting with a clean slate - - stock '04 SE7 w/18" wheels :ahhhhh:
I've only had it a little over a month and the alley is the only dirt it has seen so far. Hopefully not for long. It will be a daily driver.

I've located a set of 16"rims and intend to put the biggest Goodyear MTR on it I can with a 2-3" OME lift. Some protection underneath, and a set of sliders. I'm going to hold off on bumpers right now, until I can see first hand what the limitations are.

Any suggestions at this point would be great.

John

S

SNNIPER

G'day John Looks Like You Already Done Lots Of Mods By Dumping The Landcruiser And Getting A Real 4wd

S

SNNIPER

Sergei Go Will A Straight Through Like A Race Flow Leave The Rear Resinator On As The Drone Will Give You The Creeps And Go To A 2.5" Pipe

A

andyb

Well thought I'd add my list,

Disco is currently under going a bit of an overhaul. Swapping out the old 10spline front axle for a 24spline from a D110. Changing over the calipers to cos they D110 are single circuit verus the twin circuit on the Disco; that also mean making up new brake pipe brackets too. Also changing over to HD steering arms and moving the steering damper to the 'Defender position' (I mashed the old one that was behind the axle and dinged the diff pan as well!)

Then...

1) Fab rock slider/door sills from tube.
2) Similar for rear bumper.
3) Finally fit second battery for winch and split charge and in cab remote.
4) Add extended breathers to gearboxs, timing case and injection pump.

Also a few bits and bobs, like make the hand brake work again, change a couple of light lens, straighten out the wing and snorkel after a bit of a 'tree incident', weld up a body mount and hell maybe even a service :biggrin:

All part of the fun.

A

andyb

Oh heck nearly forgot...I'm picking up a Safety Devices internal cage this weekend. :biggrin: Gotta fit that too.

D

discomike

John,
Have fun with your 04, the lift and the tires sound great but don't get crazy, remember you have 3:54 gears so don't go over 265/75/16's cause even there you'll which you had 4:11's. The sliders are a great idea and if you know how to drive a 4wheeler don't waist your money on skid plates, they just get in the way. You should consider a good set of "QT" type diff guards for sure.
Good luck,
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99