Socket Sizes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

DiscoDiesel

Wheel Lug Wrench

Wheel lug nuts-with-covers on Disco I are 27mm. One may wish to obtain a Porsche or Land Rover socket to carry to minimize damage to the aluminum caps on the lug nuts. Wrecks are good sources for more lug nuts. 96 lbs torque seems about right. When in doubt follow Discovery Manual! Safe travels, all.

D

discomike

I went to Sears and purchased a six point socket, in my case a 1 1/16th. for my D2 and I just keep it in the truck for mechanics and tire people to use that way there will be no more damage done on my lugs.
Mike J.

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Morning All! The large lug wrench is available almost anywhere rover parts are sold. Atlantic British &or Rovers North are where I got mine. Well worth the $16.95 or $19.95 that I had to pay. Someone has them on sale I'm sure, order one today, it's cheaper than messing up two lug nuts! By the way, if the tire shop will not remove & replace my lug nuts by hand I remove my own wheels & take them in. Anti-sieze compound, butter both sides.

cyberegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting a 1 1/8 deep socket 6 point socket to get off my lug nuts that had been messed up (see "dumb lug nut questions'). It worked!

Now I know what I'll need to change my oil, thanks for asking the question.

D

discomike

Summer,
I hope you go back to Costco and make them replace them. By the way, I am not threatened by a woman who take care of herself, much less her truck.
Take care,
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72