Socket Sizes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
I have a '96 D1 and nothing in my tool bag fits the Oil Pan Draing Plug! Any ideas as to what size this is?

Also, what size are the lug nuts?? The previous owner was kind enough to remove the lug nut wrench and jack.

Thanks

Justin

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lug nuts are 27mm I think but they are always jacked up from Big O and places like that. The oil pan nut is about a 23mm, I think (I used an adjustable wrench last time). Does anyone else know the oil pan nut?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure. Beware of using the 27mm if they are even slightly messed up. You will not be able to get them off! And then you will try to hammer it off and there will be a huge dent on the front of it.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
well the Lug nuts are barely 27mm and the oil pan plug is larger than that!!! argh!!!

It looks like 28 or 29

Justin

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a crescent wrench, or something else that adjusts.

D

discomike

Justin,
Quit screwing around and finish that oil pan gasket replacement, its been over a week since I heard you were going to change it. I think Oregon is slowing down your upgrade plans for the truck, you been surfing too much??
Mike J.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
surf? HA! Work is more like it...then I go surf then I think about the rover....

I got everything together and I'm just waiting on the gasket from brit pac. $7 vs the $30 the dealer wanted! :p

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil pan drain is 1 1/8, Lug Nuts are 1 1/16. Buy the big lug wrench and make your life easier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72