Soggy passenger floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddvelin

Reaction score
for about 2 weeks now my 2005 LR3 has been having a very unpleasant odor when I would first get in. Having a dog and a baby, I thought they were to blame.

However, after some cleaning and investigation, I found that my passenger side carpet (up front) was soaked through. The rubber floormat on top wasn't letting it dry (or so I thought) and I was getting a mildew smell.

So I dried up the carpet and left it sit for 2 days with no floor mat to dry out.

Much to my suprise I checked it this morning before work and it is soaked again.

My initial thoughts are:

1. I have a leak in my washer fluid hose for the rear window. I know my dad had this issue with his prius, so I'm wondering if the hose runs under the passenger seat.

2. The drainage tube from the roof/passenger door is broken and draining into the cabin instead of out the door. I live in Seattle, and we've hit our rainy season, so it would make sense that I'd be soggy again without using my wipers if it sat in the rain for 2 days.

Any ideas on causes and fixes?

thanks

ddv

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a vent on the US passenger side underneath the windshield wiper cowl that is notorious for allowing water to enter into the cabin. The cowl warps with time and no longer sits snugly against the windshield, thus allowing water in. Check you cabin air filter (accessed through the glove compartment); if it is wet, that is a sure sign that water is coming in through the vent.

Have you "circumcised" your sunroof drain tubes? If not, they will not drain properly, resulting in wet carpet. There are four tubes total that are hidden in the four fenders of the car.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bet is the cowling. Search the word cowling here and the fix should come up. Very cheap fix, under a buck for some flashing and a half hour will fox it. If its the sunroof drain, the outlet is behind the right side air intake scoop. Also easy. Drying the carpet out will be the biggest chore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer