Speakers/stereo issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big_Mark

Reaction score
No I never cranked up the stereo... not that kind of person. I just leave it on normal listening volume.

I'm curious if anyone had this successfully resolved at the dealer.

Weird, playing loud music would make sense. But that was not a common denominator. It seems like Lucas may still haunt some LRs ! LOL

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stereo cut out issue is well documented in the LR4 brochure. They describe it as "Music Appreciation Program" wherein the computer randomly mutes the radio/cd/mp3 so you go without. Results are supposed to make the driver appreciate having music and not take it for granted.

ak6ar

Reaction score
We just got an LR4 about 3 weeks ago. I had the same problem (the stereo didn't have any volume on any source). Oddly enough though the navigation voice worked fine during all of this. I think that's because it only comes through on the drivers side speaker and is probably a different control module.

Resetting the LR4 (basically pulled over, turned off the vehicle, stepped outside and locked the door, waited until the screen went off, and then got back inside and started up again) worked fine. I have not had the issue since.

I would guess this is definitely a software problem of some sort.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing has happened to me maybe 5 times in the last 9 months of ownership. I have yet another trip to the dealer to fix cameras so I will let them know about the issue.

Big_Mark

Reaction score
Same thing has happened to me maybe 5 times in the last 9 months of ownership. I have yet another trip to the dealer to fix cameras so I will let them know about the issue.

Please let us know their "story" regarding this irritating issue, thanks!

di_s_henry

Reaction score
I had this happen to me. You need to get the Nav system update & it should resolve this issue. There was a service bulletin released from LR (sept/oct2010) - (I believe there's a copy on the forum). Call you dealer and have them run your VIN to see if you need it.

I just got my LR end of Jan & the dealer was to have completed the update prior to delivery but didn't!!!! Got the upgrade this week...no issues thus far.

di_s_henry

Reaction score
There was a service bulletin released for this issue - call your dealer to get the upgrade. I had it happen to me. I took delivery of my LR4 3 weeks ago; The selling dealership did not do the upgrade on mine prior to delivery!! There is a copy of the service bulletin flying around in the forums

As to the dash vibration - once I played around with the bass & subwoofer settings, I have not noticed a marked vibration due to the stereo. (Have HK system)

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dash vibration

My LR4 is in the shop currently for dash vibration. What kind of vibration are you hearing?

Mine is coming from the drivers side dash board near the windshield. It is worse in cold weather. It only occurs when the RPM's are over 2000 rpm. So, it usually occurs when accelerating when im over 2000 rpms's, and when the car upshifts, it gets better until it accelerates again over 2000rpm....then the vibration occurs.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen to me. You need to get the Nav system update & it should resolve this issue. There was a service bulletin released from LR (sept/oct2010) - (I believe there's a copy on the forum). Call you dealer and have them run your VIN to see if you need it.

I just got my LR end of Jan & the dealer was to have completed the update prior to delivery but didn't!!!! Got the upgrade this week...no issues thus far.

Which Nav update bulletin? This one?
http://rangerovers.net/forum/download/file.php?id=6060

This is the only other bulletin I'm aware of for the LR4 but it's not NAV related:
http://rangerovers.net/forum/download/file.php?id=6059

I read thru both of these technical bulletins and neither seems to address this issue. Is there another bulletin?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut