Speakers/stereo issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlcovington

Reaction score
Dash Vibration

I'm new to the Land Rover forum and was on here searching for a solution to the dash vibration as well. I have a 2011 LR4 LUX. I thought I was hearing things. I've taken everything out of the glove compartments, tried having somone hold every object up front incase it was loose and I still hear it. It happens when I'm pressing the gas at low speeds on the upshift. I'm taking it in next week (hopefully I can get an appt) and will advise back.

2011 LR4 LUX
2004 DISCOVERY SE

elfrey

Reaction score
Did you resolve the dash vibration? I am having the same issue (cold weather only). No vibration in summer.

mrtp4

Reaction score
I also get the same vibration in cold weather only. Interested if someone (or someone's dealer) finds a fix.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR4 is in the shop currently for dash vibration. What kind of vibration are you hearing?

Mine is coming from the drivers side dash board near the windshield. It is worse in cold weather. It only occurs when the RPM's are over 2000 rpm. So, it usually occurs when accelerating when im over 2000 rpms's, and when the car upshifts, it gets better until it accelerates again over 2000rpm....then the vibration occurs.
Could you please try to describe the vibration?

I have something on driver side that is coming from somewhere around air vent / top door corner speaker. Sounds like something small is loose and rattling, not too laud but it drives me nuts. I was planning to take apart that speaker to see if the problem is there. The speaker cover is kind of loose, but not the one that makes the noise…

mrtp4

Reaction score
My vibration comes from on top of the dash, near the windshield, somewhere near the center. It sounds exactly like the plastic cover on that center speaker is loose and is vibrating against a plastic bottom. But I have tried holding that plastic speaker cover down and it seems very solid, holding it makes no difference. It might be a part vibrating underneath that cover but I have not tried taking it apart.

I do not have any vibration noise from the left or right side - it is definitely near the center speaker cover (I assume it is a speaker under there).

Happens only when it is cold. And only happens when revving the engine up above maybe 2000 rpm? Not a big issue, just doesn't sound like a $60k+ vehicle when you have a noisy vibration when you accelerate.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you are blaming the speaker area, I will definitely take mine apart. Could be the speaker itself…

elfrey

Reaction score
My vibration is the same as mrtp4, I removed the center speaker grill, held down the speaker with no resolution. it seems that turning on the heater and warming things up removes the vibration, however, it comes right back. It drives me nuts. If so many of us have had this problem, I am surprised that no one has resolved the issue, or they must have assumed it was isolated to their LR4.

I also have an issue with my iPhone cable, it sounds like Sh*t, no voice just music. I guess I'll have both looked at at some point.

lance562

Reaction score
I had the same issue with the sound system shutting down. There is a system update for the electronics sound and Nav that will correct this.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I found where that rattle is coming from – not speaker, not vent… - the rear steering wheel cover! Oh… There is a screw beside that point – will try to play with it, but something tells me I will have to take it apart which means dealer since airbag replacement involved… Sucks! :) yes, I said it. :)

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an issue where the audio would just stop. Everything else would stop. They replaced some sort of connection module...never had a problem since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV