Special programs system fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lmwong

Reaction score
Sad to have one of my first posts of our newly acquired LR4 be this. Literally, we bought it yesterday. We are currently driving home from a 440 mi trip from picking up a CPO 2012 LR4. 300 mi in we get "terrain response Special programs not available", "HDC not available", "electric brake assist not available". Amber warning light on. Amber "brake" on. Amber ESC logo on. Can't change suspension level, stuck in low setting. Can't select terrain response mode. Pulled over and restart the car. No warnings for a few minutes of driving, then all warning messages come on again.

At the same time the cruise control will turn off suddenly, when it worked flawlessly the first 300 miles. Seems to go off when we hit a bump.

It seems to drive okay. Disappointed that I won't be able to show off all the cool tricks this car can do to friends and family when we get home.

Battery? Light switch? Software update?

Last edited:

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems like something may be loose. at least you have cpo warranty correct? good luck

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am optimistically guessing a bad brake light switch is causing all those issues, including your cruise control turning off at random. Keep us posted.

lmwong

Reaction score
Just an update on this problem. The drive home a month ago was the coldest we had driven the car, and the only day all these warnings went off. Brought it into the dealer to have it checked out, even though it has worked fine in the warmer temps. They found a faulty brake light switch that stuck in cold temps and its replacement was covered under warranty.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am optimistically guessing a bad brake light switch is causing all those issues, including your cruise control turning off at random. Keep us posted.

The venerable umbertob strikes again! Awesome!

Glad to hear they found the problem.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the temp? It has been at or around zero here and I've just been waiting...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM