Squeaky LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay,

My front end is squeaking like an old rocking chair. When going slow over speed bumps it is quite bad. While in for service yesterday I had my techs check the suspension components and they said everything looked good.

I wheel enough that this could be just dirty and/or dried out stuff. Anyone have a good lubricating routine that ya do for the suspension? Particularly the front?

Thanks.

Trynian

Reaction score
Usually it seems to be the sway bar bushings dry. I and other friends of mine use a grease injector needle you can get at most parts stores to shoot some synthetic grease into them between the rubber bushing and the sway bar and the squeak goes away.

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try this

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...toreNum=10104&subdeptNum=10379&classNum=10383

Lear Chemical Corrosion Block or also available at West Marine, T-9 Boeshield.

Power wash the entire undercarriage and spray everything. Both are excellent corrosion blockers and the Lear product has the added benefit of leaving you with a new car smell. Crazy at as it seems, the wax like Lear smells exactly like new car smell as the overspray on the exhaust system burns off. I respray the entire undercarriage about once a year.

I have used both of these products for 10 years to protect steel engine beds in boats. Highly recommended for any vehicle that spends time on the beach or on salt water boat ramps.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome...there is a Westmarine by my place. This stuff might save me some time sanding rust and re-painting underneath. You pretty much spray it on anything/everything underneath?

@Trynian, I'm still learning about which suspension components are which. I know what a sway-bar looks like in most vehicles, but what does the LR3's look like and where is it?
...anyone have a pic or diagram, in particular showing he bushings referenced?

Thanks a lot guys!

trouguex

Reaction score
You might want to replace the sway bar bushings. The new design bushings have a cloth-like webbing on the inside to help retain the grease. A supurb grease to use can be found in a good Porsche shop. When replacing front and rear torsion arm bushings on older 911's they use "Weltmeister Bushing Grease" (not sure of the spelling) but IMO there is nothing else better.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. MY SA said the bushings are all in good shape and my plan is to switch to Polybushes when mine go bad, but maybe this grease will help the existing bushes.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shipping on that Weltmeister stuff is twice as much as the product itself!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635