Squealing brakes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had put EBC rotors (just the plain rotors, not drilled or slotted) and EBC green pads on the front of mine a few years and around 21k miles ago. The rotors began to warp about 4 or 5 months ago. Not really too annoying in city traffic, but pretty annoying on the highway--especially in Colorado, coming down mountain passes.

Switched to OEM rotors with Hawk pads about a month ago. I'm really liking this setup so far. Not nearly as much dust as the OEM pads and rotors, but feel like they have a little bit more bite. Could just be my mind, though, as it's been a while since I had the OEM rotors and pads on mine.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Did any Lr4 come with the twin piston Brembos? I know RRS did. In terms of prake performance (at least in a daily driver) I put importance of brake components:

pads>rotors>maintenance (greasing caliper pins etc)>calipers> fluid>stainless brake lines

IMO drilled/slotted rotors not required on the LR4. Just quality steel and casting.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had put EBC rotors (just the plain rotors, not drilled or slotted) and EBC green pads on the front of mine a few years and around 21k miles ago. The rotors began to warp about 4 or 5 months ago. Not really too annoying in city traffic, but pretty annoying on the highway--especially in Colorado, coming down mountain passes.

Switched to OEM rotors with Hawk pads about a month ago. I'm really liking this setup so far. Not nearly as much dust as the OEM pads and rotors, but feel like they have a little bit more bite. Could just be my mind, though, as it's been a while since I had the OEM rotors and pads on mine.
I use hawk ceramic on my 2011 sc and they have low dust and good bite. Been thinking of trying ebc greens. On my 13 lr4 im using akebono and they have been way dustier than on my 07 rr hse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buybrakes

Reaction score
All three of those are very low dusting pads being Ceramic as the primary ingredient. Shimming is typically what makes the Stoptech 308 versions the quietest of the options.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stoptech 308 is the lowest dust option from them? slotted stoptech rotors are hard to beat.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, today it started making squealing noises at speed. High pitched at about 40mph - tap the brakes, it disappears. Slowly creeps back and starts doing it again. Tap the brakes, goes away. I'm thinking it's a 4 wheel pad/rotor time given that these are probably originals. It's weird that they're squealing at speed though without touching the brake.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA