Squeeking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disco Fever

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has Experienced this issue and can help identify root cause. When pulling away at low speed there is a metallic squeaking noise that seems to be coming from a rotating part considering the rhythm of it. Sorry for poor description....any insight would be greatly appreciated.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out this thread, I had a really annoying cyclical squeal at low speeds (accelerating and braking).

The problem had to do with the ebrake.
Dealer pulled apart the ebrake, then reassembled it and the problem has been gone for good.

Took months to find, but I did get two free sets of brake pads from the dealer as they were trying to root cause it :biggrin:

Disco Fever

Reaction score
Check out this thread, I had a really annoying cyclical squeal at low speeds (accelerating and braking).

The problem had to do with the ebrake.
Dealer pulled apart the ebrake, then reassembled it and the problem has been gone for good.

Took months to find, but I did get two free sets of brake pads from the dealer as they were trying to root cause it :biggrin:

Thanks so much for the reply. I made sure to toggle on/off the parking brake and it seems to have gotten rid of the sound. Will definitely have dealer inspect next service. My concern is if the brake was partially engaged during last event is there damage to the parking brake I should be immediately concerned with?

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked the dealer if there was a problem with mine due to the sound. After taking it apart, inspection, and putting it back they said it looked normal and the sound went away permanently. My parking brake seems to function exactly as it did previously.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9