Stain on Seat Stitching?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a similar issue from my belt in another car. (I had a wear mark on the seat, but no color from my belt)

The other one to watch out for is jeans. Our old Lexus GX470 had some blue dye from jeans on the beige leather, and nothing would take it off.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call, rainmn! (does that mean rainman?)

David... if you can't get the stain out you may want to ask LR, they do have leather repair services (re-dye/stitch the leather area etc.) but not sure if they'll charge or not. I personally wouldn't aggravate it anymore. I have tan interior and do not have this issue, my leather looks like new and I have about 6000K on the clock. But, I rarely wear a belt.

BTW, my wife's BMW's driver side seat started to wear on the bolster and BMW had it re-dyed and it looks like new. Not sure what it cost, but I don't think it was very much. Sometimes folks really worry about leather wear when in fact it's actually easy to repair. Anyway, good luck with this and please keep us posted. I will not be wearing a belt anytime soon.
Thanks, Count!

It is a very small area and barely noticeable unless you go close to the stain. I will try a few other things, but won't go too crazy. I may just forget about it and make sure I don't let my belt rub in the future. Or, check in with LR and see if they can re-dye. It's only located on that line that is stitched.

I'll keep everyone posted!

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blue jeans are truly destructive for any light-coloured upholstery. Luckily, I've been able to get mine off - but now try and avoid wearing designer jeans in my LR.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blue jeans are truly destructive for any light-coloured upholstery. Luckily, I've been able to get mine off - but now try and avoid wearing designer jeans in my LR.
I never wear jeans, so I'm fine there. Luckily, this is only stained on the two raised flaps, so let's see what happens. Like I said, you can only see it if you go up close 2-3 inches otherwise it's not visible.

Since this is a lease, I may not even bother with getting it fixed... but, knowing me, I may be too OCD to leave it! :) I am going to try the stain remover gel, etc. first.

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never wear jeans, so I'm fine there. Luckily, this is only stained on the two raised flaps, so let's see what happens. Like I said, you can only see it if you go up close 2-3 inches otherwise it's not visible.

Since this is a lease, I may not even bother with getting it fixed... but, knowing me, I may be too OCD to leave it! :) I am going to try the stain remover gel, etc. first.

-David

I'm SO OCD myself... I know the feeling completely. It would drive me nuts.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm SO OCD myself... I know the feeling completely. It would drive me nuts.
You are in good company, because even though you have to reeeaaalllly look for these stains, it stills drives me nuts. I will work on getting them out and then condition the leather, but if it ends up being a lost cause, then I will likely just forget about it. Though, I may try the dealership just to see if they can do anything.

In the meantime, I need to be careful of my belt and definitely might get a little white cushion to put against my back.

I'll keep everyone posted!

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually take my clothes off when I drive in an effort not to stain the leather seats...:bootyshak:biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635