Stainless Steel Sill Tread Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt

Reaction score
My wife picked up a set of the LR sill tread plates for her LR4. I popped them in over the weekend.

The quality of the product is good but the price is a bit high. Word of caution if you intend to install , these have a 3M glue tape backing so be very careful when you place these as you have one shot to get it right. The kit comes with four plates, and alcohol cleaner pads to prep the surface before you set the plates.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 35

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look real nice, but I prefer the ones that roll over the edge of the sill, as that's normally that area more prone to receiving scuff marks from boots and shoes.

Thought about these from Powerful UK, I kinda like the plastic surround taking the majority of the beating, which in turn should keep the stainless steel strips looking sharp longer:

http://www.powerfuluk.com/products/...ad-plates---plastic-with-stainless-inset.html

Matt

Reaction score
They look real nice, but I prefer the ones that roll over the edge of the sill, as that's normally that area more prone to receiving scuff marks from boots and shoes.

Thought about these from Powerful UK, I kinda like the plastic surround taking the majority of the beating, which in turn should keep the stainless steel strips looking sharp longer:

http://www.powerfuluk.com/products/...ad-plates---plastic-with-stainless-inset.html

I like those better too. Does that company ship to the states ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72