Stating Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else has run into the issue where your vehicle will not recognize the key and nothing happens when you push the starter button. This is not the issue where you get the message key not found message in the display and you just have to place the key-fob beneath the steering column and everything is good to go.

This the second time i have encountered this problem. I get into my LR4 and put my foot on the brake pedal and nothing happens. I just get a mushy pedal with no message on the screen saying anything about key not found. I tried the fob under the column to not avail. I exited the vehicle walked away and tried it all again with no success.

This happened about a year ago and when I figured I would would give it one more try while on the phone with LR arranging to have my vehicle picked up for transport to a service department. It started.

So when I again had the issue yesterday I called my dealerships service department to ask if they had heard of vehicles with similar issues and if there was some way to "reset" the system. He indicated that there was a service bulletin noting there have been issues when individuals have their key fob and mobile phones in close proximity. (My keys and phone are often in the same pocket. They also noted that there is no way to force a reset and that after a period of time it should reset itself.

About fifteen minutes later everything worked properly and I was able to start my truck.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also keep my phone and keys in the same pocket often but so far have not experienced this.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
I haven't had the issue, but I've heard (from the dealer) the part about the fob being in close proximity to a smart phone. I haven't heard that there was a "reset" period required before the truck could be started.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had this but just wanted to add that the new key fobs(smaller) are nice compared to my '10's fob that can double as a self defense device with its weight and size.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9