Steering Wheel Noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome to hear, David! It feels good doing these little projects and getting such great results. Philips really knocked it out of the park with these halogens. They're as good as HIDs IMO. You can also upgrade your fogs with the same H11 bulbs for really amazing results when you need them. I have to admit I use both headlights and fogs together most of the time, even when it's not foggy out. And that's mainly out of habit as you know we do get a lot of fog here in the city. Anyway, congrats on a job well done! :)
Thanks, Stephen! I appreciate your help and guidance on the process.

I have to agree, I purposely parked near an SUV (BMW X5) with HID lights and my lights looked extremely similar in brightness and color. The range of vision and crisp white light is really awesome. I am not sure how long the life will be, but for $30 something bucks, ease of installation, who cares.

I often use my fog lights as well, so I should change them to the H11s as well. How was the installation of the fog light bulbs? I will have to look it up, as I haven't really thought about it. Any advice is appreciated. I will definitely order some bulbs for the fog lights, as that would be great to have those as well. Thanks for the advice.

Yes, it is definitely much more foggy out your way than down here in San Carlos. Though, often drive up to SSF for work and it can be a bit foggy.

Have a great evening.

-David.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David, the fogs are even easier to change. The manual details it pretty well. When you order them let me know and I'll walk you though. And it's an awesome upgrade because not only will you have twice the lighting power, both the headlights and the fogs will match in that nice white color. A lot of owners with the HIDs are actually upgrading their fogs with the CVs since not only are the 100% brighter but also match the HID color perfectly. I forgot the bulb lifespan, but I remember it's pretty decent and yes, for the price you can't beat it! You'll order the same H11 used for you headlights,

Philips Crystal Vision Ultra - H11 (low beam and fogs) Part 12362 (the 12362 S2 are North American version) and the 12362 are labelled as the European version. Both part number/bulbs appear to be exactly the same.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David, the fogs are even easier to change. The manual details it pretty well. When you order them let me know and I'll walk you though. And it's an awesome upgrade because not only will you have twice the lighting power, both the headlights and the fogs will match in that nice white color. A lot of owners with the HIDs are actually upgrading their fogs with the CVs since not only are the 100% brighter but also match the HID color perfectly. I forgot the bulb lifespan, but I remember it's pretty decent and yes, for the price you can't beat it! You'll order the same H11 used for you headlights,

Philips Crystal Vision Ultra - H11 (low beam and fogs) Part 12362 (the 12362 S2 are North American version) and the 12362 are labelled as the European version. Both part number/bulbs appear to be exactly the same.
Thanks, Stephen!

I ordered another pair of the H11's for my fog lights and they should arrive on Wednesday from amazon.com. I am planning to change them out on Saturday. I'll definitely take a look at the manual, but let me know any hints or suggestions. Thanks for all your help, man!

-David

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop by the dealer today after work, and the truck wasent done. Actually they overnighted parts and they should be here tomorrow. So I spoke to the service advisor and he was nice enough to give me a print out for
Technical Bulletin No: LTB00305 (issue 1) dated 13 Aug. 2010
Section: 308 Audible Boom / Vibration @ 2,600 - 2,800 rpm

If someone wants to pm there fax number to me, I could fax it, and you can scan it and attach it to the this thread.

I will post once again when I get the truck back and let you know my thoughts.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop by the dealer today after work, and the truck wasent done. Actually they overnighted parts and they should be here tomorrow. So I spoke to the service advisor and he was nice enough to give me a print out for

QUOTE]

Maybe this is why I have not noticed a vibration or noise, my LR4 rarely goes over 2100 rpm. I will have to check it out today when I leave the office.

Rob

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If someone wants to pm there fax number to me, I could fax it, and you can scan it and attach it to the this thread.

I will post once again when I get the truck back and let you know my thoughts.
Thanks Franky!

Keep us posted on the details and thanks for the figures about the service bulletin. Is this something in which they run your VIN or is it across all LR4s?

-David.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem at all. I'm sure this will be helpful to some. I just cant wait to see if it works!

According to the TSB Vin: AA510742 - onwards Model Year: 2010 - onwards.

Action: In the event of a customer concern of the above, refer to the repair procedure outlined below to install a transfer case carrier damper. (which is TSB). I guess its only done if you complain about it.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem at all. I'm sure this will be helpful to some. I just cant wait to see if it works!

According to the TSB Vin: AA510742 - onwards Model Year: 2010 - onwards.

Action: In the event of a customer concern of the above, refer to the repair procedure outlined below to install a transfer case carrier damper. (which is TSB). I guess its only done if you complain about it.
Thanks, Franky! This is great information. I am wondering if I should call my dealership as I haven't felt the wheel vibration / weird noise since that first time it happened. Even then, it was only twice total. Ever since that time it has been fine. I guess I will watch it and see if it comes back. At that point, I will call and provide the TSB information you provided.

Is anyone else going forward with this TSB? Count (Stephen), are you getting your LR4 serviced?

Thanks again!

-David.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does this TSB refer to my problem?? I have a vibrating steering wheel which seems like it is due to poorly balanced tires. I have had tires balanced 4 times and new tires put on without relief. They then replaced the steering system...no relief. It only occurs at speeds greater than 55 mph. After prolonged driving, the symptoms begin to lessen. Worse when car has recently started and immediately go to highway driving.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does this TSB refer to my problem?? I have a vibrating steering wheel which seems like it is due to poorly balanced tires. I have had tires balanced 4 times and new tires put on without relief. They then replaced the steering system...no relief. It only occurs at speeds greater than 55 mph. After prolonged driving, the symptoms begin to lessen. Worse when car has recently started and immediately go to highway driving.

Cypress, when I get a chance later on in the day, I will go over the TSB again. If I remember correctly, this vibration / noise happens durning 2600 to 2800 rpm. I'll get back to you though. Does sound like a driveline vibration though, especially after replacing tires and it still happing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo