Steering wheel shaking after rotor/pads replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You show me a full kit for anything under $400 or $500 and I'd start to worry.

I'm getting my front brakes done tomorrow. My indy was surprised by the maxbrakes pricing but had not heard of them before I mentioned them. They suggest TRW aftermarket kits but will put on anything I bring to them. I've had a good experience with the TRW product. I think it's around $100 less than the OEM kit.

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grrr...all out of stock too! That seems like it's too good to be true though...

Call them up and order a set, They have the factory, so they will have them manufactured within 14-30 days. I had to order mine and it took about 2 weeks. Make sure you order the Elite edition (Black) and the premium brake pads. Like i said earlier i have been using maxbrakes on all my cars for about 4 years. I used them on my E320 mercedes, Mazda3 and now the land rover. I have also installed them for friends on various cars. I have had no issues with them in the last 4 yrs. Most important aspect of installing brakes is to make sure hub is clean from dirt and rust before installing the rotors, make sure sliders are lubricated and also finish up with a torque wrench tightened to about 110 ft pounds.

Last edited:

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been using maxbrakes on all my cars for about 4 years.

I've got some wintry holiday road trips coming up in a few days so I didn't have time to wait for factory delivery times. However, I may try this brand when I need to do my rear brakes in the new year. I'm intrigued.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got some wintry holiday road trips coming up in a few days so I didn't have time to wait for factory delivery times. However, I may try this brand when I need to do my rear brakes in the new year. I'm intrigued.
I think I'm just going to jump at doing all 4 as soon as possible. I have about 35k miles on my '13 now and they're squeaking all over and now I'm starting to get a slight wobble so I think I have some rotor warping happening. Going to call them up and see if they can set me up. It's worth a shot at least.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 35k miles on my '13 now and they're squeaking all over and now

I have 45K and previous owner records don't show a brake job. After I drove the vehicle home from NYC to DC, I had one of my indy shops give it the once-over. He said it was in great shape but that the front brakes might not pass inspection. I then had a state inspection done and it passed, but the garage noted the front brakes. That was over a year ago. The sensor never went off and my shop told me I had 1mm of material left on the outboard driver side front pad. As my other mechanic noted: "You definitely got your money's worth out of these brakes." Zero squeaks and smooth stops. New brakes are being installed as I type this. Hope I get the same duty cycle from these new ones.

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then I went back and read this post and the commentary...I'm now thinking spend a few more $ for sake of sanity.

The cheaper ones might have issues but for me i always buy their top grade which is the ELITE cross drilled and slotted rotors(Black) and the premium ceramic brake pads (grey/blue).

Easycool

Reaction score
20181205_142249.jpg
My rotors and pads on my 2007 Range Rover HSE. I plan to replace the pins as well. Do brembo rotors and ceramic pads fit a standard brake setup? I don't have brembo calipers. When stopping or backing up there is a horrendous noise as if the calipers are grabbing or grinding, not squealing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

AdventureTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chiming in here; I went to my local Land Rover dealer (Lynnwood), and they wanted over $2k for front and rear brakes including labour. I was surprised to find that they always replace the discs at the same time as the pads - there's no consideration for machining discs that are in spec. Is this standard fare for Land Rover?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV