strange semi-random noise inside 91 RR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

corangie

In my '91 RR (owned about a month) I hear an odd noise, Ssssschnick (pause) snick, Sort of like the door locks trying to close then releasing, but without the mechanical clunk and the door locks aren't doing anything. Happens with the doors locked or not. It happens fairly often right after I close one of the front doors and before turning the truck on, though not always, but it also happens while just driving down the road. No regular tempo, but it might happen every 5 or 10 seconds then not for a few minutes. Can't really figure where it's coming from though we've crawled all over the truck. Some days it doesn't make this sound at all. The truck can be turned on or off. The other day, I had the passenger front door open and pushed the courtesy light switch for that door -- and it made the sound. I tried to repeat this, closing then opening the door, and it did NOT make the sound. Any ideas? The PO thought it might be from the tweaked rusty tailgate which doesn't latch. Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99