Stuck in the Mud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dammmmmmmmn u really got urself into a pickle there :ahhhhh:

Anyway, I'd prob do mud ruts, low range, 1st gear with LOTs of speed at the beginning and keep the throttle going at a steady and consistant rate, and the have DSC off.

Also try to wiggle the steering wheel from side to side to keep forward momentum, in Mud that is essential.

(Guess its time for some new tires :biggrin:)

Neild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two things:

That mud looks pretty gloupy so I doubt anything would have got through.

However, road tyres really wont help. Suggest some 19" MTR / ATR tyres to give you a head start.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...not sure about the 1st gear part. It sort of contradicts the "lots of speed" advice, which I agree with. Maybe 2nd gear...

Neil, how 'bout 32" MT/Rs on the 18" rims?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18s or 19s, no difference in the mud - Neil is correct, Skyler has 19" "split-v" rims. Alternatively - A cheaper set of 18" wheels and M/T tires dedicated for off-roading is the best way to go! The price difference in 18 vs 19" rubber may even pay for the smaller rims if he can find a good deal on craigslist.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I only specified the rim size because MT/Rs are not available as 32s on a 19" rim.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I can see the pictures, Sand Low2 DSC off would have been your only choice. Not that it matters - street tires. Just a word of caution, liberally and I mean liberally spray WD-40 on EVERY possible electrical connector underneath the LR3 before heading into slop. I coat the entire bottom, wheel wells and connectors before considering mud. I'm over it tho - clean up sucks and any ****** in an F250 can drive down the hwy with tons o' mud looking "cool" to the wannabe's...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that'd work....I think Mud 'n Ruts would work too...same gear combo and DSC off.

I'm planning on coating the connectors with di-electric grease. ...but your WD40 tip is more for easy cleaning than for protection, huh?

Last edited:

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious, Why do you think second gear over 1st? Just the added control, i.e. 1st is to aggressive and responsive?

I would've used 1st for that situation, Guess I've gotten lucky in the past :dontknow:

Love to proven wrong though, Could spare me from being knee deep in the slippery stuff :biggrin:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 1st gear wouldn't get you enough overall speed, basically...

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed the pics. Did you try to rock the truck at all to get out? The truck looks too clean and you spilled your beer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635