Stuck in the Mud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Acuwar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share my weekend . :hahaha:

Whats your preferred settings driving on Mud ?

please share , obviously it did not work for me :hmpf:

DSC08865.jpg

DSC08866.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Trynian

Reaction score
Mud and rutts works best for me in the mud. I was out on some slippery muddy trail a few weeks back and had issues with traction in the other settings.

A couple times I thought I was stuck and put in mud and rutts and was able to get out.

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange you post this. Just today I was checking some land near a creek. It has been dry for days but had serious rain last week. I was shocked to find that I made a turn and before I knew it I was up the sliders in thick mud. I was with my daughter with no help knew if I stop Im SOL so gun and go. Bad news had to go back through it,,,,, so selected mud and ruts and I just felt like I had more control in normal mode. Strange to punch it and feel a pause I should add I have othe LR and they didnt have the TR. I bet the TR is better than what I can do but just feels different.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too vague a post with too many variables. What kind of tires? Uphill or downhill? Flat mud pit? Clay or muck? Basically, it comes down to wheel spin. If you have mud tires, Sand Mode with DSC off. Hill descents require GGS with TC on DSC on.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys have most likely heard of the infamous "three amigos" on Discos....well, MY 3 amigos when off-road are the: Low Range icon, the HDC icon and the DSC (off) icon.

That plus the appropriate TR setting is the way to go, I think. Gear selection must be appropriate too, of course.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had terrible experiences with mud and my LR3. I have 285/60 Terra Grapplers and got stuck pretty easy. The first time was my fault, went too slow and just got bogged down. Second time, the mud was just to deep and filled the treads in too quickly which basically turned the tires in to slick. I read that this truck really isn't an ideal "mudder" due to its relatively short wheelbase and weight. I'll never go in mud again without a buddy with a recover chain or a come-along.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow - Im surprised you got that far. From the looks of your stock tires, I would have guessed that your truck was dropped there by a helicopter ;-) That looks like M/T tire territory, or lots of patience with a winch.

Trynian

Reaction score
wow - Im surprised you got that far. From the looks of your stock tires, I would have guessed that your truck was dropped there by a helicopter ;-) That looks like M/T tire territory, or lots of patience with a winch.

I agree with you on that one. I am also surprised you got that far.:biggrin:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that this truck really isn't an ideal "mudder" due to its relatively short wheelbase and weight. I'll never go in mud again without a buddy with a recover chain or a come-along.

a.) I've "read" that too...on this forum. I have no reason to put any stock into that statement though. I actually argued it fairly intently with someone a few weeks back. The LR3 isn't considered a short wheel base vehicle, but it's certainly not as long as an F-250 or something. The weight doesn't help unless there is solid ground under the mud, then it could be a benefit. ...but if there is enough power for all that weight, shouldn't it count for something? Floatation is the point of mentioning the weight, right? Enough ****** and that baby will stay on top!

b.) You shouldn't go in mud without a buddy or recovery equipment REGARDLESS of what vehicle you're in!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9