Sun Roofs on a 2014 LR4 opinion please

Discussion in 'LR4' started by Johnny Boy, Aug 3, 2019.

1. jpjp

jpjp Full Access Member

I had a Discovery 2 and if you ordered it in SD trim (the lowest model) you didn't get sunroofs which is a plus. You can always add sunroofs and the aftermarket sunroofs didn't leak like the factory ones did for the 2's. The other thing that it didn't come with was armrests which was a horrible.

I personally think they don't put real sunshades over our roof windows and sunroof on the LR4 so that it distinguishes it sound wise from the Range Rovers. It would make the car more quite inside because there would be more insulation from road noise. I notice the difference in sound on other cars with solid sunshades over sunroofs.

2. Mari Gianati

Mari Gianati New Member

I live in PR (almost always sunny and hot) and I used to drive a convertible before buying my 2016 LR4 and I wanted and love my sunroofs. The car doesn’t get too hot because the glass is tinted and they have a mesh cover. Only the front sunroof opens. The others are shut closed. I also installed a roof rack to carry my bikes and kayaks. No issues, but I let professionals do that so if it breaks, it’s on them. I just rented a Discovery in Italy for three weeks and was surprised at how different the sunroof felt. Too bright and the car got too hot. But I think it’s also because they are not as high. The distance between the roof and the floor seems much more constricted than my LR4 so you are literally closer to the roof and that might become bothersome in the Summer. My husband is very tall and he didn’t like it as much. We were literally driving with the top of our heads being hammered by the light. Not cool!