Sunroof Reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanerrs

Reaction score
So the other day I was not very smart and I tried to open the sunroof and there was some ice on the roof.
Needless to say the roof didnt open but tried to then stopped completely. The switch then would not work any more... open or closed. Also the lights would not dim when pushing the button. Also could tell when driving on the Hwy the roof was not complely closed/sealed. Small wind whistle

Using the IIDtool - fault - B10F2-93 (2f) Sliding roof control - Component failure - no operation.

I did find out that the sunroof can be rest by pressing the button in the closed position for approximation 25 seconds.

The sunroof came back to life!

So... Lesson learned... don't use sunroof when ice is on roof... glad there was some sort of safety mechanics to ensure no damn occurred from my momentary lack of inteligence. :)

Just sharing to help others.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I ask this not to be a smartass or give you grief, but what made you want to open your sunroof if it was cold enough to be covered in ice? Just curious!

I once decided to open my sunroof when the sun broke out right after a huge cloudburst. This was in a Ford Expedition with a ginormous pano sunroof. Yes, my wife was seated next to me. Yes, a huge cascading sheet of water dumped into the cabin, mostly on her. Yes it was funny as hell and yes I still hear about it!!

madams88

Reaction score
So the other day I was not very smart and I tried to open the sunroof and there was some ice on the roof.
Needless to say the roof didnt open but tried to then stopped completely. The switch then would not work any more... open or closed. Also the lights would not dim when pushing the button. Also could tell when driving on the Hwy the roof was not complely closed/sealed. Small wind whistle

Using the IIDtool - fault - B10F2-93 (2f) Sliding roof control - Component failure - no operation.

I did find out that the sunroof can be rest by pressing the button in the closed position for approximation 25 seconds.

The sunroof came back to life!

So... Lesson learned... don't use sunroof when ice is on roof... glad there was some sort of safety mechanics to ensure no damn occurred from my momentary lack of inteligence. :)

Just sharing to help others.

NOTE: Thank you, holding the close button down just brought my 2012 LR4 sunroof back to life after 8 months without it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72