Sunroof will not open and it leaks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlaw008

Reaction score
I did a lot of search in the forum and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, maybe someone could help me.....

2005 LR3 Sunroof will not open and it leaks.

I did the hold sunroof button, after 20 sec it tries to move just a hair but then it stops and still won't do anything. I also have a leak from the Interior light and pillars....

How can I get sunroof open to check drains??? Is there a way to manually open it???

Thanks for any help,

Joel

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know of a manual way to open it. You could try a hard reset and then again try the 20 sec recal. If that fails...take it to the dealer.

jlaw008

Reaction score
I don't know of a manual way to open it. You could try a hard reset and then again try the 20 sec recal. If that fails...take it to the dealer.

Thank you for the reply. What is the "hard reset"?

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
search for "stuck sunroof" I had a similar problem a few years back and managed to manually move the sunroof...

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23934&highlight=stuck+sunroof

"Thanks roverman, I could here the relay clicking so it was working, and this has worked for me in the past....

I did find out some interesting stuff. So in the interest of helping others that may search for this in the future..

1. My runners are cracked. This may be the root cause of my issue
2. There is a manual override. I will describe this below:

**Disclaimer - I am pretty sure this will f-up all timings and stuff for the motor so I regard this as an emergency procedure****

1. Pull down the headliner behind the sunroof - tug hard.
2. When you shine a light back there, in the middle you will see a black motor on the left connected to a device that looks like a gearbox.
3. In this gearbox looking thing, you will see a plastic cross in a metal housing.
4. Push the plastic cross up, to reveal what looks like a large phillips drew head pattern.
5. Get a rachet. I think I used a 1/4inch. Wedge it in there and rotate counter clockwise to close the sunroof.

Sorry I can't post any pictures, I just don't have the right things to hand.....

Hope this helps people in the future, I really struggled to find this info out there..."

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard Reset is disconnecting the battery and connecting the + and - CABLES together (you can use a jumper cable since they won't physically reach) for 2 minutes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99