Superlocking???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

toddjb123

What the heck is this all about? I read about this in the manual today and the description contradicts itself a couple times; some paragraphs say hit the lock button once to Superlock..but dont' tell you how to not "superlock." - Another paragraph tells you to hit the button once to lock regularly and twice (within 3 seconds) to super lock - horn will chirp. And, the manual talks about interior alarms, tilt alarms, and a perimiter alarm!!! Astericks (*) spread all over this text, but never did find the asterick'd text anywhere...what a mess!

So, I would guess I don't have the perimeter alarm as I don't have that box on the ceiling they show in the manual. But, I figured I might have the other stuff...

So, sure enough if I press my lock button once it just locks, and if I press it twice, the horn chirps. Didn't see any difference in the locking, however. The "superlocking" is supposed to disable the interior handles & locks and turn on the tilt alarm and such.

Anyway, I did this while sitting in the vehicle and no matter how I locked it I could still get out easily with the alarm sounding the same way.

I'll say this that perhaps there is a delay of 30 seconds which I didn't wait for, or they need to detect a door opening/closing. Dunno, but figured I'd ask. First time I heard about this feature and my dealer pretty much didn't give me any rundown on the basics, just handed me the keys, showed me how to talk to the navigation, and counted their commission! :)

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
* = Optional (or not available in your market)

We only have "perimeter" or "perimetric" alarms in North America LR3s... which means "open door" or "open hatch" alarm. So superlocking probably does little for us... (not sure about mentioned "interior lock disable" -- never verified it, and maybe it's not smart/legal for NA.)

In other markets, the logic is reversed... single press is Superlocked and double press is "Normal" lock.

T

toddjb123

...yeah, the manual seemed to imply some sort of motion sensing interior alarm that is enableb if people/pets are not in the car AND the door handle disabling (two seperate things).

Still don't understand the difference in NA between a single and double LOCK button press. The only difference I see is the horn beeps to confirm a double button press. ?

-todd

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toddjb123 said:
...yeah, the manual seemed to imply some sort of motion sensing interior alarm
Yep... a * option, which we don't have. As I mentioned before.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Freeflytim

The superlock is good if you wanna lock the kids/wife in the truck!

When superlocked, the doors can not be opened from inside. Period. Thats why the manual warns you not to do it with someone inside.

If a thief breaks a window to get it in, he, or she, will not be able to open a door for easier access.

I think the reason our NA trucks have a different security setup is the same as the lack of locking gas door... save $$.

When I park my LR3, I raise it to 4x4 height and superlock it ... it takes a ladder to get in via a broken window and then window is the only way out!!

Last edited by a moderator:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never bothered checking, but didn't toddjb123 just say it didn't really prevent him from opening the door? (Yes, Superlocking is supposed to do that. It does on the Freelander.)

F

Freeflytim

Awile ago, goofing around, I did try to lock myself in and the superlock on my truck does do that... But, then again, thats my truck!! :wink:

F

Freeflytim

Just an extra push of the lock button. I can hear mine engage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM