Suspension compressor cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mko9

Reaction score
I guess the suspension compressor cover took a whack from some road debris, because I noticed it was broken and hanging down, then a couple days later it was gone. Fortunately, the compressor and the suspension still seem to work fine. I found a few discussions on here about the two different compressors, but no one else seems to have lost their cover? The dealership wants $140 for a piece of plastic. I think I will go junk yard trawling. Does anyone know of a different/better source for a cover? Can anyone tell me the part number? Will the cover off an earlier LR4, or even an LR3 work?

Thanks

mko9

Reaction score
Woah. That is impressive, but I am looking to spend less money, not more. This truck barely sees grass, and the road debris was a fluke. Thanks though. I'm sure others will be interested in that.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Given how crucial of a component this air compressor is to even the barebones normal functionality of LR3/4 at the very basic level of operating this vehicle just on the pavement, let alone any offroad or overlanding ventures, LR should have designed something like this Prospeed cover to protect this vulnerable, critical, and expensive to replace piece of equipment to begin with.

LR engineers should have designed something with metal (and the bean counters should not have fought the engineers over it, citing extra cost/weight, etc) instead of this flimsy soft plastic cover, specially when the engineers decided to locate it at such a vulnerable place under the chassis while knowing well that this SUV is meant to and is actually being marketed and advertised to be taken offroad aside from the mall runs.

If this was a Land Cruiser here we were talking about, we would most likely not be talking about something like this at all, because Toyota would not have skimped on something as critical as this just to save a couple of bucks while creating an opportunity for bad ownership experience, hence risking their reputation with the very likely potential of costing the company both the return and the referred business.

Last edited:

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can recommend the compressor guard designed & made by APT Offroad in Brisbane Australia.
I've had one for two years & it's a great piece of protection gear.
They send loads of their protection gear to the U.S. Freight is cheap(ish) & exchange rate is excellent for U.S. customers at the moment.
I've seen the Prospeed product & I reckon the APT unit is stronger & better designed. Installs easily.
Even a freak incident with the compressor in light conditions can ruin your day - or vacation! Our D4's
are so good we should put nothing but the best gear on them & they'll look after us on our travels.
Check out www.aptoffroad.com.au and also their brilliant YouTube fitting video's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM