Suspension Fault (again)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the 172 is not backordered compressors, it's the amount that the US will be getting initially. Giving that I heard the guy correctly. He said he talked to LR NA and the guy told him, that they did change manufacturer and that from what they see(LR NA) that there are a few backorders waiting right now, but not all 172 are spoken for. He said the dealership working on my car, should put a BOR in for the compressor and that should assure that I would get one of them. I don't think my dealership is nice enough to even think about pulling another compressor out of a good car and replacing it. Their thought is, it's still good to drive on, so I have to wait. Eh, don't care anymore, if it breaks down on me, then there will be hell to pay, if it doesn't then it doesn't.

F

flowner

When I had suspension problems I asked them to give me a loaner, another LR3. If you tell the dealer you have no shocks, each time it faults, they will not agrue about the safety. Why should you rack up miles on a vehicle that is not working correctly. The ride quality on mine started to deteriorate everyday. It's hard to notice if you are the only one driving. My wife drove it for two days before I drove again then the ride quality was very noticable.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Joe

same problem

I had the same problem and they did not mention the compressor. I was told that my ECU was not properly communicating. Maybe I will have the problem and be back. I have only had one failure where I received the warning noise and my suspension dropped. What worries me is that that told me they found multiple failures when they hooked it up to the diagnostic machine. Do you guys think that it may be possible to have the failure and not be notified of it? My MPG is also bad, so if I am in this limp mode and not aware of it that would make more sense.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be asking for a new ECU on Monday (I think).

I have had:
40 + suspension faults in the last 10 days.
A compressor go bad a month ago.
The downhill stahl.
The truck only gets the expected MPG for a key cycle or two after being put into and brought out of transport mode. By that I mean (sfter transport cycle) 19/20 Highway, 16/17 local... better than expected I guess... But then it's like something losses those new settings and **** 10/12.5 MPG. Doesn't matter if I'm going downhill with a stiff wind behind me. Well except in city. (In the city) I filled up in DC and drove 60 miles of real city traffic over a day and a half... And got, ready? 7.9 MPG for those 60 miles... It only rose to 10.2 MPG when I left the city and tacked on 110 miles more at 65MPH+.

The last tank full, ALL highway, I got 270 miles out of on 20 gallons. 13.5MPG. The trip computer which used to be spot on with actual mileage, is now a mile and a half per gallon off. We've had the truck since December, it has 9000 miles on it and seems to be getting worse (as the $50 tank fulls go on). The tank full before the current one had no highway and it got 260 on 20 gallons. A 10 miles increase going from all local to all highway seems way out of swing to me.

To boot, the all highway tank estimated MPH never got above 37.9 even though the truck was gased, reset and taken onto the highway within 3 miles of the station then driven 65mph+ for an hour and a half (about 120 miles).

The whole thing seems fuc*ed! My wife wants LR to buy it back if this trip to the dealer doesn't change anything... and I'm (sadly) almost ready to agree with her!

Looking for opinions... Does it seem like the ECU to you or something else? This is my one chance with the regional tech and I don't want to waste it... Maybe I'm towing an invisible building behind me? You know I was joking but in truth sometimes when I leave a stop sign (nice and easy) the motor sounds like it;s trying to pull a building over....

So ECU, WWF, NCAA? What do you think it could be? and why? Thanks!

Scott

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
askewed: well if it's your fuel then it most likely is the computer, since it regulates how much fuel goes in the engine when you step on the gas, idle, etc... Unless it's a clogged fuel filter(doubt it), I would tell them to keep the car, and that you don't want it back(1-2-3 weeks, etc...) until they find out what's wrong with it. Crap, tell one of them to drive it for a few days and actually see what's going on w/ the vehicle, instead of driving it 30ft and turning around and saying it's ok. Plus most of the time, my suspension faults didn't kick in until i drove the car.

Good Luck!!!

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The loaner did 3MPG better then my truck on the ride home...

C

Colt45

askewed said:
I have an appointment with a reginal tech on Monday!!!!!

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's a 'Regional Tech' ?

My local guys have been working on my nav system for over 2 weeks now. Been talking to Tech Support too. - -Maybe one of those 'Regional Techs' might be able to help figure things out?

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not the term they use... I'll remember it the next time I hear it and let you know..

He (the tech) was sent by LR to try and fix my problem. He shows up and the dealership gives him a place to work. I had to plead my case with LR CSRs (2 of them) before (this is over months) finding a person to take me seriously. Then she (a saint) has to convince another guy who then sends the tech.

I hope he's able to help or we'll be asking for a buy-back... and we don't want that! We just want the truck to work properly...

T

tommithy

Well, no new compressor for us. They just looked it over, checked the power connections and made sure the lines were clear. I can't really say anything until it breaks again but when that happens I'm gonna raise hell.

So far it's been good and my mileage is back to normal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo