Tablet Infotainment replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been following the powerfuluk series, and I like the smaller screen size design over the tablet, but for me it would be all about whether I can still use the screen to interact with the OEM UI. I haven't seen anyone with a Bosch system use it yet, which is what I have. Super optimistic though. I found both units on AliExpress but haven't pulled the trigger.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2011 as well with the denso system, it is my understanding that you're able to view the stock LR menu, but it's not able to actually work via the touchscreen? Am i wrong?

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2011 as well with the denso system, it is my understanding that you're able to view the stock LR menu, but it's not able to actually work via the touchscreen? Am i wrong?
Pretty much correct, but you won't be able to access the 4x4 Info screen because it's only accessed touch screen. Watch the latest PowerfulUK YouTube video, they go into great detail.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much correct, but you won't be able to access the 4x4 Info screen because it's only accessed touch screen. Watch the latest PowerfulUK YouTube video, they go into great detail.
oh yeah theres that too. My thing is, how does one set the time and date for their truck? I know some people don't care for the LR 4x4 info screen and have done the conversion already, but what about date and time settings? Do the new screens have the functionality to set the date and time for the truck?

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yeah theres that too. My thing is, how does one set the time and date for their truck? I know some people don't care for the LR 4x4 info screen and have done the conversion already, but what about date and time settings? Do the new screens have the functionality to set the date and time for the truck?
The video was saying to set those before hand, but if you lose the battery, you may lose that function as well

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch the last video in the series. It's the final summary of the smaller unit.

I think (but am not sure) that the larger unit will be pretty much the same with regards to functionality. No touch interface with the older Denso brains. It seems like everything on the "lost" list is only there because of the lack of touchscreen functionality. If the touchscreen functionality is there with the newer Bosch brains, then not sure if there's anything on the "lost" list.

I would have thought a company like Powerful UK would have had access to a newer Bosch vehicle, but if they are just messing around and are not going to offer these on their website, I can see where they wouldn't want to go that deep.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut