Taking the RRS off road tomorrow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnieR32

Reaction score
That's right. Tomorrow we are heading out to Green Ridge State Forest in MD. A bit of a drive, but from what I've read it's a pretty cool trail. Not sure how many Ranges have been out there. All the videos I've seen have been of Jeeps and such. This isn't the first time I've taken it off road, but this is the first legal and actual off road place. I will post pics when I get back.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Green Ridge is a cool place to go, I went there for my first time with my LR3 (when it was bone stock) and a couple jeeps and a mitsubishi montero... The RRS will do perfectly fine, just watch your rims on some off the rocks there, I scratched my stock 19s when i was there. Here's a couple pics from last May:

OffRoading5-9-09008.jpg

OffRoading5-9-09014.jpg

and the result...

OffRoading5-9-09013.jpg

Hope you like mud, well dirty water for that matter, we've been getting a lot of rain so you should get plenty dirty :wink:

DonnieR32

Reaction score
We went out alone and kind of found our way around. Wish we went with a group. Think we only did about 6 miles. Never saw another truck, just a couple ATV's that we let pass. Didn't find any of the large puddles. Got a lot of looks in the parking areas by guys on dirt bikes. I guess they don't get too many Range Rovers up there.

IMG00030-20100815-1423.jpg

DSCN2505.jpg

DSCN2506.jpg

This is from climbing the hill behind our house.
IMG00002-20100719-1956.jpg

If you guys go let us know. We have this and a Wrangler as well. Going alone really isn't all that fun. Especially because we didn't know where to go. Been looking for a group of Land Rover owners to go off road with, but the groups still active are far and few between.

DonnieR32

Reaction score
why do i keep getting errors when I try to submit a reply with pics?

DonnieR32

Reaction score
Not sure what the deal was, but I noticed late yesterday that my response including the pics loaded. Must be a delay. Anyways, looks like the the thread is running

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635