The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...how are you liking this setup compared to the past? Are you just walking over stuff now or...what are the differences? I know you have had different tire sizes and such in years past.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the tire size makes more of a difference than i anticipated. both good and bad.

bad is mainly that on the highway they feel incredibly heavy so stopping and passing are all more labored feeling.

the good offroad and even on the gravel is so much better though. you'd think going from 32" to 34" wouldn't feel much different aired down but it does. i can very safely run a nice deep sidewall "squish" with that extra 1" of sidewall at 26-28psi as seen in the photo.

on gravel the softer ride is really great taking a lot of stress out of the struts and bushings.

these would be impossible though without the mods i made and the strut spacers.

regarding the weight.... this is where i often wonder if i should've given the narrower version a try. i have 17" wheels but tmy snow tires are on them. the 33" size of these but 255 width would be a lot lighter yet provide basically the same traction in most conditions yet also be nicer at speed and of course you could probably use them without the spacers due to being shorter but also narrower.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting....and I feel like my 32.6s are too big!

To be clear for people, these are BFG km2 285/70-18 and the ko2 I have are 275/65-18.

What size and model are yours Houm?

It’s interesting how much more true to size my highway type Michelin MS2 are being right at 32” while the BFG AT ko2 are more like 31.5-31.7

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running Cooper Discoverer STT Pros....they are 275/65R18 like my out-going Goodyear MT/Rs, but Cooper's sizing chart shows them at a 0.5" larger OD than what Goodyear listed the MT/Rs at, to your point above.

roverca

Reaction score
jwest just saw this! what do you have where the spare tire compartment was? Is that a Aux gas tank?

patski

Reaction score
View attachment 9115
FullSizeRender (2).jpg

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_4945.jpg

IMG_6312.JPG

IMG_9133.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics