The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We liked mine so much we bought her one!

Best shot in a while because of the implied story but please share the story. Maybe make a new thread giving a background on it. You know we are all gluttons for a Land Rover love fest sorta story even if we don't agree on wheels, tires, etc, etc. ;)

Gnomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best shot in a while because of the implied story but please share the story. Maybe make a new thread giving a background on it. You know we are all gluttons for a Land Rover love fest sorta story even if we don't agree on wheels, tires, etc, etc. ;)
I'm not sure it warrants a whole new thread, but the story goes like this.
I wrote off a BMW 525 from a deer hit this past summer, Took my insurance money and starting shopping around. Thought it might be time for an SUV as we have three dogs, a couple kayaks and bikes and sometimes tow a small trailer, recalled from my distant past how much I enjoyed my Series IIA, and looked into Rovers, and my dear wife found me a nice LR3. Love at first drive, and that's when the trouble started. She also took a shine to the LR3, her Audi Avant was givng her some comfort issues and there is an undefinable something about the Rover that makes a person want to drive it forever. After a few months of "borrowing" the Rover and the occasional sharp discussion after I forgot that Fridays were her Rover days we starting looking, at first for an LR4 but in the price range we were comfortable with the LR4's are the low end of the range. LR3's in that range are the best of the LR3's, and she found anther 08 HSE in Buckingham Blue over alpaca. Hers has 30K miles less than mine, otherwise they are really the same beasts.
We live in NOMI and found it in Knoxville, so we combined a vacation road trip with a run to pick up her Rover. Now we don't have to discuss who gets what vehicle in the morning....but we still have to figure out which one we are taking when we go out together. Absolutely a first world problem right there.

s3hooligan

Reaction score
She also took a shine to the LR3, her Audi Avant was givng her some comfort issues

Love my Audi A6 Avant. Didn’t know they had a cult following until I tried to find one..
450cf3ad5d23c1c56803c9a5184550c1.jpg

Gnomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hers was the A4, so it's a bit smaller, was getting less fun to get in and out of and the seats weren't as comfy as Rover seats. But that little bugger flies low, it's fast and fun. Oh, and likes to raid the pocketbook a lot.

Maine2006LR3

Reaction score
Just bought our first ever LR3 last week. She’s a 2006 LR3 HSE. It will be the wife’s daily and we are excited to load up the family and start taking adventures!

ED1D96D3-5F0C-40DB-A0DF-BF39897803FF.jpeg

C979401E-516A-406E-9C3D-B0F63559F2DC.jpeg

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new brush bar or light bar but am having trouble finding them. The A-Frame one on your LR3, did you get that recently or some time ago? Is that the winch-compatible model?
I have the tubular steel wrap-around brush bar and it's rusting through on the lower support curves. I'm thinking of going to that A-Frame model but none of the vendors or dealers seem to have them - discontinued.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA