The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
Been there....To be honest I bet it ends up being more then that. I had a similar situation happen over a year ago to a rear door and the damage ended up being $3300.00

That sucks. I really hope it's not that much. Not for my deductible's sake, but so I don't have to drive around in the rental car any longer.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New LR shoes

Just bought some new kicks for my LR..

Attachments

• LR kicks.jpg
    LR kicks.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 420

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
Breaking it in

My future Father-in-law has some land in East TN and we went to see him this weekend so we packed up our sleeping bags and decided to give the new LR3 a test run to see how it all worked.
Got to take it off the pavement to get around the property and back to the lake where we spent the night. Nothing crazy, just some rough cut trails, but it was nice to get a little mud on the wheels within the first month of ownership.
As for the in car experience: I'm 6'1" and slept like a log. I was so happy when I woke up. My fiance loved it too and has started figuring out where else we can go and "RoverCamp" as she's dubbed it.
Best. Purchase. Ever.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the in car experience: I'm 6'1" and slept like a log. I was so happy when I woke up. My fiance loved it too and has started figuring out where else we can go and "RoverCamp" as she's dubbed it.
Best. Purchase. Ever.

You slept in the Rover? Were you able to close the back? I'm about the same height and don't quite feel like I've got enough room. Very cool getting it out there so soon. Great picture. :cool:

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
You slept in the Rover? Were you able to close the back? I'm about the same height and don't quite feel like I've got enough room.

Yeah I was able to close the back. I slid my driver's seat up and tilted it forward a little so my feet didn't hit it, but other than that I was surprisingly comfortable.
We used 2 queen size comforters as our padding and slept in our sleeping bags. I also built some window screens so we used one of those to get a little air circulation. Is it as good as a bed? Of course not. But it beats sleeping in a tent!

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been sleeping in the back for years now. I'm 6'-4" and that's pushing it. We use a queen sized air mattress, then throw a 2" thick memory foam topper for insulation. Sleep like a baby!

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was able to close the back. I slid my driver's seat up and tilted it forward a little so my feet didn't hit it, but other than that I was surprisingly comfortable.
We used 2 queen size comforters as our padding and slept in our sleeping bags. I also built some window screens so we used one of those to get a little air circulation. Is it as good as a bed? Of course not. But it beats sleeping in a tent!

What kind of window screens?

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
What kind of window screens?

These:

If you run a quick search on the forum you'll see how easy they are to build. Took me about an hour plus the Home Depot run. They fit pretty tight. Take a little finessing to get them to cover all the gaps. I brought a roll of painter's tape for the interior just in case :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635