The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
Hahaha...no rods. Not yet at least :) I really like the ride height right now. I have only heard rubbing once. Knock on wood.
Haven't been able to take it off road since the new tires. We'll see how it goes. Going camping this weekend but it's only maintained trails so I still won't know. Hopefully we'll get back to Land Between the Lakes this fall when the camping's best in TN. That will be the initial test to see how well it does.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get back to us after you've been off-road. I promise you will rub a lot and will want the rod-mod or a smaller tire diameter. I had no rubbing issues on the road and thought I'd be golden with that same size tire (WITH the rod-mod) and then I took it on a legit trail and learned quickly how much articulating the LR3 does.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're over 32" total diameter, so you'll definitely get a lot of rubbing, especially if you use Rock Crawl at all. Need to keep it under 31.5" if you want to avoid rubbing without using the rods. I have 285/60/18's and still got minimal rubbing in the front of the rear wheel wells using Rock Crawl off road. No problems with the 2" lift rods though.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QQ: how's putting it in rock crawl affect the amount of rubbing you will have?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RC enables cross linked air suspension. One wheel goes up, the opposing wheel goes down simulating a solid axle.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So every other mode doesn't allow for that? I was under the impression that the system did that on its on *all* the time. Does rock crawl open a valve letting air travel between each side of the axel. That sounds kinda weird to me IMO.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes; I'd also like to see that in some documentation somewhere because I thought the cross-linking happened all the time. Although there is a statement that RC does SOMETHING to the suspension to the affect of "when maximum articulation is needed" or some $hit like that.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what my dealer had to say on the matter FWIW:
As for the suspension...I consulted several other folks here, and we unanimously agree that the suspension is always transferring air around The four corners, any ride height, any speed, any terrain setting.

What we also agree that may be being referenced on the boards there is that when engaged in Rock Crawl, the valve locks in a fully open position to allow the air to bleed more responsively and freely from corner to corner. So, I guess technically one party is right...the system is always working...but conversationally, the system does fluctuate the flow of air based on the terrain response setting (especially when using Rock Crawl)

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock crawl is the softest and allows the most wheel articulation. I even get a little rubbing in that mode with my 285/60/18's, but only on the front of the rear wheel wells.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72