The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drjwelch

Reaction score
Had to drive through some pretty muddy and wet "quick sand" type spots. Couldn't stop to take a picture there b/c that is just stupid since I was by myself with my girls. But I took this picture when I found a safe spot to stop! Truly a fun little truck.

dirt.jpg

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The skids were installed by TR. I can't tell a difference in noise other than the compressor is a little louder, but from what I hear that is to be expected. I haven't had them on a trail where I have really put them to use yet, SOON though!

Any updates? Any word from anyone else that might have some of what these guys are making?

Rover junkie

Reaction score
Put on BFG A/T 275/65/18's 2 weekends and ago and sprayed the wheels myself. Paint instructions say to wait a week before touch up coats, but I was out of town last weekend...so I'm waiting for it to dry right now.
I left the wheels on this time to experiment doing touch ups after they inevitably get scratched. So far so good.

What kind of paint did you use, and how has it held up?

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
I used duplicolor semi gloss black. It's held up great so far, but I still haven't had the time to get it off road.
Like all the posts I read, the better you prep, the better the finished product.

Rover junkie

Reaction score
I used duplicolor semi gloss black. It's held up great so far, but I still haven't had the time to get it off road.
Like all the posts I read, the better you prep, the better the finished product.

Thanks! Did you sandblast them or just rough em up real good?

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
I put a steel wool ball on the end of my drill and scratched them up, then used a 300 count sandpaper. I also used some prep wipes and the dupli color primer.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pix from the day trip this weekend . . Mosquito Pass and Kenosha Pass .. . first "bouncy" trip with the Nittos .. . not too shabby.

Attachments

• MPass low.jpg
    MPass low.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 380
  • KPass2 low.jpg
    KPass2 low.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 375

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone told me a couple weeks ago that mosquito was closed still from snow...Looks pretty clear from those pics!
By "Kenosha" do you mean twin cone? Or where on Kenosha did you go?

J.D.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA