This Dog don't hunt & owners DON'T CARE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Dhudanish

MORE PROBLEMS and MORE BAD service. I had 3 bad and prolonged episodes with the tuck and service people back uin June and July, but things seemed to be okay. Not for long. About 5 weeks ago my LR3 would not accelerate properly - the engine with rev. but the truck would accelerate at a very slow rate... obviously very dangerous for driving. After three days at shop, LR said it was a "loose" wire. Okay fine. This past Friday evening (on my way out to my weekend house with friends in truck) the SAME thing happened. Of course LR was closed Friday by 7pm and has NO SERVICE in Manhattan on saturday. They also had no loaners in manhattan and couldn't secure me a rental car. Needless to say my weekend with friends was ruined (for the 3rd time bc of LR3). Tuesday I was told the alternator had to be replaced and truck should be fine. NO NO NO. I have been working with LR NA to try to get my money back but they have not been very cooperative (at one point LR Manhattan said they would give me a new LR3 if I gave them a check for 1,000 - hard to see how that was a deal for me). So I am sending my second Lemon Law notice and will see this one through. I am a lawyer so I am not too worried about this as I can represent myself.

Sadly this car is a dog. But what is even more sad (and the reason I do not want a replacement) is the HORRIBLE service people and the fact that LR NA people don't care about their customers.

I am going back to BMW or Lexus. The cars work and the people are awesome.

Bye bye.

T

toddjb123

Sorry to hear that. Luckily I didn't get a lemon (I don't think!)

I think that $1000 offer is pretty good though! Heck, with the amount your truck depreciated when you drove it off the lot, it'd be nice to get a brand new one with no mileage...start fresh! (yeah, you didn't ask for that trouble, but you'd get an upgrade and can probably haggle a couple more options you may have missed first time around)

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I guess my service department isn't the only one that has bad service. I wish they would offer me new truck for $1,000

D

Dhudanish

Way pay more

1,000 more for what i bought in the first place hardly sounds like a deal. I bought a fully loaded HSE and bought many accessories. LR NA is totally out of touch with customer service. I had six problems with the LR3 and lost 3 weekends of use - and I only use it on wkends. They should be begging me to take a new LR3 instead of seeking full refund under lemon law but instead they are acting like its my problem. Maybe if enough of us stand up to their poor service they will realize that we have other options and get their act tgh....

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I've already started a complaint w/ LR NA, but for the crappy service dept., LR NA said each dealer is individiual and they have no control over them. So, pretty much, if you want something done, then you would need to talk to management at the dealership. If you haven't already, if you look through some past threads, you'll see a couple of ppl have used the Lemon law to get a new vehicle. Good Luck, I'm probably not too far behind you w/ my LR3, but we'lll see when I get it back and see if it holds up.

S

SpiceIt

I had the same loss of acceleration and after 4 times in the shop, the finally figured it out as a bad fuel rail on the passenger side of the V-8. They had to put my truck and another identical one side by side on the computer to figure this out. They were at a complete loss until they finally got conflicting data on the two trucks. Oh, and this only took them 30 days out of the first 90 days of ownership to complete!

C

Colt45

Not sure how the Lemon Law is written in your state, but where I live (WA state) you have to pay compensation for the mileage you put on your vehicle if you trade it for a new one or demand a refund. I had my LR3 in the shop almost 30 days to fix a glitch in the nav computer (now fixed). Thankfully, my dealership is terrific - very much customer service orientated. Personally, if it were me and I could get a brand new '06 for $1000 more I would have gone for it. My time is worth more than that. - - Of course, it all depends on how many miles you have on your car - but when I had my vehicle in the shop and with very few miles on it the calculation for mileage compensation under WA state Lemon Law was over $2000 if I recall. So, $1000 seems like they may have been offering a pretty good deal to you. I know its a pain in the neck to drive a vehicle for hassle & headache filled miles and have to pay even more for one that's built right, but I don't know if anyone would be able to turn in their vehicle with miles on it for a new one without paying something under the law.- - Of course, if the dealership were jerks and I couldn't find a better one in my area the situation might be different. Good luck, - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99