Tipping Over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.. Did a little four wheeling today and got a bit freaked out the LR3 was going to tip over. My wife wasn't as concerned as me.. but she was up hill and I was looking down the side of a mountain..

Anyway.. on the way home (she was right.. we didn't tip) we got to talking about:
1) tip over angel
2) inclometers and why in the the world the LR3 doesnt have one standard (not to mention the lack of compass)

i think i read tip over was 30 degrees.. is that correct?

any one has any suggestions on an inclometer and where to mount to get an accurate reading?

thx

geoaustin

Reaction score
Pretty sure the LR3 will yell at you when you approach that angle. A 30 degree bank is pretty serious, and even 20 degrees will feel odd the first few times.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that 30 degrees is real serious and you most likely won't see it unless you're a hard-core wheeler. I almost figure that unless you're on a rock face, you'll slide down the bank before you'd tip. Just don't turn uphill!

I'm not so sure the LR3 will "yell at you" though. What do you mean by that geo?

geoaustin

Reaction score
On the dash there is a light that looks like the LR3 from behind with an arrow pointing out on each side. I am assuming that is a bank angle warning, but of course this assumption is without looking at the manual.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to do a manual check as well, but I think that light is for a suspension
fault. Also check this out.

Last edited:

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had it light up before while off-roading. I couldn't tell you the angle I was at, but I do know there is a 'warning' light and a 'critical' light. The one I saw showed a green car with arrows pointing left and right. Apparently if I tilted more I would have seen a red one.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This icon is not a "tip-over light." It is a fault light for the suspension and perhaps some other systems as well. I'm sure that if there was such an indicator someone would've told me/us about it by now. I've been to the LR Experience Driving School a few times and they never mentioned it. There are some serious side-tilts at those locations too and that icon never illuminated.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no tip warning light on LR3, and (in my opinion) it would be totally pointless in reality. :)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
angas....nobody is arguing that there is an icon that looks like that, just that it has nothing to do with the LR3 tipping or not tipping and that there is no icon for imminent rollover.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99