Tips for dealing with LR3 windshield wipers that don't swing out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ulf001

Reaction score
After my first bout with snowy and icy conditions since owning my LR3, I really wish the windshield wiper arms swung out more than 4 inches and stayed out like the wiper arms do on every other vehicle I've ever owned. The fact that they don't makes it difficult to to wash or clear ice and snow from under the wiper blades. I also used to really enjoy swinging the the wiper arms out and leaving them pointed skyward now and again when it was actively snowing and the vehicle was parked. This would prevent a coating of ice from forming on the blades as snow melted and then refroze on the windshield. Alas, these maneuvers that I enjoyed so much in the past seem to be impossible with the LR3.

Is there a trick to swinging the arms out?

Does anyone have any tips on how to work around these non-swinging arm?

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around here people put bags or rags between the wipers and the glass. Do you have a heated windshield? I run that for a while while scraping above the wipers and the rest melts off.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thought on this

I had a 2005 LR3 HSE that had this issue. Also then had a 2008 LR3, 2009 LR3 (currently own) and a 2008 Sport and 2010 and 2012 LR4.

Of *** all **** those cars the only one that had the wipers that didnt swing out was the 2005. Bottom line... just get new wiper arms from a later one... :)

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hum... I have an early 08 (build date 1/08) and mine don't swing out fully. Must have been a mid year update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM