Tire-General Grabber AT2,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There just aren't that many good choices for the 19" wheels out there. I'm going to have to move up to the 20" so I can find some good tire offerings. The LR4s changed the brakes, and I don't believe you can get an 18" wheel to clear the calipers.

For the 18" wheels, you should have a lot of good choices. Have you looked at the Good Year Silent armors? There is an 265/60-18 that sould be a good fit. only $178 each on Tirerack.

Rob

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick hijack . . . does anyone know if the 18s fit on the LR4?

-David

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't been able to verify it, but based on what I can see I don't think the 18" LR wheels will fit on the new LR4. The new brakes are huge!

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But the 18's should fit a 2008 LR3, right? They both are the same platform vehicle, just the HSE gets the 19" and the SE gets the 18".

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bolt pattern is the same and the offset is correct. I suspect that the 18" wheels are hub-centric on the LR4 too. The real problem is that the brakes, and more to the point the calipers are so massive in the LR4 to grab the new larger disc for 2010, that the 18" wheel will not fit over the caliper. This is purely my speculation as even the 19" wheel looks really close to the new caliper.

I suspected that this might be the case when going to the Tirerack to look at wheels. They currently do not list a wheel to fit the LR4. You can get wheels for the LR3 for 2009, but they either haven't tested the wheels on the LR4 or there is a clearnce issue with the new brakes.

Rob

motz

Reaction score
I can fit 260 60 18 too?

Mine said 255 60 18. Sorry I got no knowleadge on tires!

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But the 18's should fit a 2008 LR3, right? They both are the same platform vehicle, just the HSE gets the 19" and the SE gets the 18".

Sorry, I had missed you asked about a 2008 LR3 and not the LR4. Yep, should fit no problem.

Rob

goinsurfin

Reaction score
what would you pick if you only could pick from

-General Grabber AT2
-Hankook Ventus AS RH07
-Pirelli Scorpion Zero
-General Grabber UHP
-Firestone Destination ST

If you are looking for a 19" tire solution for either LR3 or LR4, the Scorpion ATR is a solid, long-life tire for majority on road use but very capable for trails too. It is a different tire from the Scorpion Zero with a more aggressive tread. See my gallery for tread if you like. However, I keep hearing that they are limited in availability through tire rack. Hope this helps.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im still loving the Grabber At2 for a tire to run 100% of the time. Its quite so longs are you rotate them every 6-10k miles. I get off road 2-3 times a year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635