Tire Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ihatecats78

Reaction score
Several months ago I was looking around some LR forums and saw some threads about issues people were having with premature tire wear on their LR3s. I know some significant changes were made to the suspension of the LR4 vs the LR3, and I was wondering how all of your tires were looking... especially those of you who have owned the vehicle for 6 months or more.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cousin has had an LR3 for a few years now. I think he is on his 4th set of tires at this point. He has 113,000 miles on his. The last set he put on just a few months ago.

I haven't had my LR4 long enough to tell how the wear is yet. I have another big vacation planned in about a week. We just returned from a 2000 mile vacation with our LR4 and I am sure we will add another 1500 miles next week driving from here to the Black Hills of SD. I normally only add about 5300 miles a year to my vehicles, but this one will have 4500 in the first 2 months of ownership.

Rob

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The early LR3's sufferd from excessive inner tire wear due to 'bush settle'. I believe in late 06 or early 07 LR changed the geometry of the alignment to account for the early LR3s issues. I don't think I've seen anyone post that owns a 07 or later that have had excessive tire wear, was just the first 2 years of production. I'm assuming LR learned their lesson and the LR4's will not suffer from this.

Garrett

Reaction score
Tire wear 2007 LR3

Rear driver side tire, down to the polyester only on the inside - plenty of tread left on the outside.............. 2007 LR3

Can they fix that or is that an alignment issue? Sounds like it was common.

Lucky_q

Reaction score
Rear driver side tire, down to the polyester only on the inside - plenty of tread left on the outside.............. 2007 LR3

Can they fix that or is that an alignment issue? Sounds like it was common.

I have a 06 RRS and I just noticed the same problem few days ago. Anyone has the solution? I was going to get the alignment checked but now it seems something else....:mad:

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, i have almost 28k on my LR4. Tires still look fine for another 5-7k although i f we have alot of snow like last winter i will probably replace them. They all look evenly worn.
hope that helps.

john

Update:" i hit 30k on the tires this week and changed them . Went to pirellis scorpion ATR. i did have some uneven wear in rear tires on outside wall. 4 wheel drive alignment was done.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72