Toddco Rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maryd2myrvr

Reaction score
Just bought myself some toddco adjustable ride height rods...woohoo!!! Fully shortened how much lift approximately in inches does this give you?? I am going wheeling for the first time with the new rods and I'm just lookin for some ppl who have them and can help out. Also what is the easiest way to install them, especially the back ones. Is there anything that makes it easier to get them on and off, since the stock rods are pretty solid on there. Thanks for your help.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size tires are you running for your off-road trip?

maryd2myrvr

Reaction score
currently stock size, 255/60/18. "good for one years" are starting to fade, replacing with cooper zeon ltz 285/60/18 when they are gone.

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use jack stands for safety, the truck can move when you replace the rods.:hello:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With stock tires you don't need the rods. You don't really need them with the Coopers, either. That said, if you just want the height, I'd adjust them to give you an extra inch or so. That way you can have the extra ground clearance and reduce your chance of causing (sensor out of range) suspension faults. My $0.02.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Measure your stock rods from center to center of the "eyes". I would shorten 8mm from there. You'll gain approx 1-1/2". Be sure to have the vehicle OFF when taking the rods off. The rig will drop if you don't. Fronts are easy. Change the rears from underneath if you don't feel like taking off the tires.
or... hit Toddco up for install instructions???????

maryd2myrvr

Reaction score
With stock tires you don't need the rods. You don't really need them with the Coopers, either. That said, if you just want the height, I'd adjust them to give you an extra inch or so. That way you can have the extra ground clearance and reduce your chance of causing (sensor out of range) suspension faults. My $0.02.

Thats $.02 more than I had before...I'm a beginner to off-roading but bought this truck to take it off roading. Any information I can get on how to do things and learn from other peoples experiences, I appreciate. As for asking Toddco, I like to see how other people are setting theirs up and have had good or bad experiences rather than asking the guy who makes 'em. Thanks for everyones input so far.

zaohua768

Reaction score
With stock tires you don't need the rods. You don't really need them with the Coopers, either. That said, if you just want the height, I'd adjust them to give you an extra inch or so. That way you can have the extra ground clearance and reduce your chance of causing (sensor out of range) suspension faults. My $0.02.Thats $.02 more than I had before...I'm a beginner to off-roading but bought this truck to take it off roading. Any information I can get on how to do things and learn from other peoples experiences, I appreciate. As for asking Toddco, I like to see how other people are setting theirs up and have had good or bad experiences rather than asking the guy who makes 'em. Thanks for everyones input so far.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo