Top Speed - How fast have you gone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmotomn

Reaction score
Just curious how fast everyone has driven their Disco 3 / LR3? I've hit 80-90 MPH on stretches of highway and it's amazing how quiet & smooth my 2006 HSE is with nearly 120K miles on it!

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good grief, my wife screams at me for going too slow unless I am doing about 90. But I probably capped out at 105. It's not like a sports car, it does start to feel a little less stable at high speed.

She has probably pushed both our LR3 and RR to the limit, whatever that my actually be. I ask her not to tell me about it or I'll worry something is going to blow up.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know unless you're near the top speed of the vehicle (and I don't know what that is) I think the LR3 feels great at high speed. With its weight and the smoothness of a V8, it feels very stable to me.

Pagoda

Reaction score
The 3.0 TDV6 diesel matched to the glorious ZF 8 speed box is ok - ie very stable, if very thirsty - at 125 mph for prolonged periods on the long roads in Germany (with no speed limit).

Edit - should add that the speedo says 125; the GPS says about 112 mph.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM