TPMS sensor needs to paired? 2010 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a local shop put in two rear sensors ( he said air was leaking past them and they were bad ). After $250 or so they still don't function. He said they need to be paired or code cleared or driven at a constant rate for 20 minutes. I have researched several opinions on this, anyone have any idea which works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which model year? If they did install compatible sensors on one of the 4 running wheels, they should indeed be recognized after a bit of driving around at sustained speed.

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 (in title). I don't know the proper directions on how to pair. I drove for 15-20 minutes at 65 mph

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds about right. If they still won't be detected after that much driving, most likely there is a problem. Do you know the frequency of the sensors they used (should be 315 mhz?)

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes 315 were the old ones. Packages may not have the info on them of which MHz.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On late 2013s and newer they changed that frequency to 433... Is it possible the shop was uninformed and ordered those for your car? Obviously the two aren't interchangeable.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@umbertob

I've have new LR tpms installed for 2 weeks and they won't sync up. Dealer wants $75 to get them to sync.

Will the Gap tool work to sync them?

Installed new tires and rims 20s

Thx

IMG_6329.JPG

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, little late to the party. If these are for your 2008 LR3 - that photo tricked me for a second, lol - I believe newer sensors from an LR4 (even of the same frequency, 315 MHz) would not be compatible with the earlier system installed on 06-09 LR3s in North America. IIDTool can only deactivate the system, but is not able to manually program the individual sensors into the TPMS module, although I don't think even a dealer would be able to do that if the sensors are not compatible to begin with.

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped it off to the garage who installed them and he put in different Manufacturer, VDO. I left it for a week, now the spare tire sensor is gone. Seriously ***?! Too many gremlins

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't checked yet, but does the IID tool allow you to disable just the spare tire TPMS alone and leave the other 4 on?

I put my all-terrains back on and just deflated the spare a lot and put it up there with the heat shield still on. It fit fine actually, i was a little surprised. I like the look from the rear with the heat shield on.. it hides the rusted exhaust.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM