TPMS settings with IID tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pagoda

Reaction score
I have a 2016 LR4. The issued rims have TPMS and work fine. I have switched these off for the winter types, which are on an older set of LR3 rims, also with TPMS. The older rims TPMS are not being picked up by the vehicle, and thus it's showing a fault.

I wanted to ask if anyone here had any experinece on steps to take (e.g. with the IID tool) to get the vehicle to register the older LR3 TPMS? The alternative would be to turn off TPMS for the winter, but I understand that using the IID for that involces flashing the CCF, and the experience of others I've read seems to be that it's a pain to get TPMS back on again.

Any advice gratefully received.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The car auto-detects the TMPS sensors, there's no programming required. The sensors themselves have a limited lifespan, so it's possible they are due for replacement. There are two different frequencies used, though, 315MHz on older vehicles, and 433MHz on newer. My 2012 uses 315MHz, I don't know if they switched to 433MHz in later model years though. A tire shop should be able to tell you if the sensors are still good (they have scanners), along with the frequency (if you were to bring one of your summer wheels along for comparison).

Hope that helps.

iSheeZ

Reaction score
you can check TPMS frequency in vin decode. Here's mine 13MY
Screenshot 2022-12-06 at 14.30.18.png

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got the same issue, if I buy all new sensors all around from the OEM manufacturer will I be able to reprogram them with an IID tool?

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disable your sensors and live free! Kidding kidding. Not really. When I put on my compos I disabled TPMS. But I'm also a high-functioning ape and actually check my tire pressure with a GAUGE! That's right. TPMS is false security.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got the same issue, if I buy all new sensors all around from the OEM manufacturer will I be able to reprogram them with an IID tool?

If you buy sensors with the correct frequency there is no programming that you do. Just drive and they start working.

Conversely, if you buy sensors with the incorrect frequency you cannot reprogram them to make them work.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you buy sensors with the correct frequency there is no programming that you do. Just drive and they start working.

Conversely, if you buy sensors with the incorrect frequency you cannot reprogram them to make them work.
Got it, my 2010 runs 315mhz. I read another forum abt someone with the same issue as me so I know which sensors to buy.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disable your sensors and live free! Kidding kidding. Not really. When I put on my compos I disabled TPMS. But I'm also a high-functioning ape and actually check my tire pressure with a GAUGE! That's right. TPMS is false security.
I was going to do this but there was a time where the TPMS light actually saved me when a nail went through my nitto ridge grapplers which also still had 50% tread life left. My car started pulling to the right after I heard “something” (the nail) hit my rock rail. Noticed a lean and thought I popped a bushing and was going to try and make it home till the tpms light showed me my front right tire was low

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut